Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Scheduler unavailable...

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

ACT Scheduler unavailable...

[ Edited ]

I had ACT10 on server and was running into memory problems so I moved it to a different drive on the server (after backup and uninstall).  Reinstall appeared to work fine but when I tried to set up scheduler i get .... Act Scheduler Error..  Error occurred while loading server config file. Root element is missing.......

I found the program Act.scheduler.ui.exe and Act.scheduler.exe in the install location \act\act for web and get the same error when I try to run scheduler.ui.exe from the file.

So, the questions are, is this an install problem requiring reinstall,  a problem because it is not on my OS disk, or something that I can correct by manipulating the config file?

Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks..

Message Edited by keypay on 05-05-2009 07:07 AM

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author keypay
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: ACT Scheduler unavailable...

Try rebuilding the Scheduler_File.xml

1. Close ACT!
  2. Close ACT! Scheduler.
  3. Launch Windows Explorer (or open My Computer).
  4. Browse to the following folder:
        C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ACT\ACT For Windows <version>
  5. Close Windows Explorer (or My Computer).
  6. Launch ACT!.
  7. Launch ACT! Scheduler. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author keypay
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Try rebuilding the Scheduler_File.xml

1. Close ACT!
  2. Close ACT! Scheduler.
  3. Launch Windows Explorer (or open My Computer).
  4. Browse to the following folder:
        C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ACT\ACT For Windows <version>
  5. Close Windows Explorer (or My Computer).
  6. Launch ACT!.
  7. Launch ACT! Scheduler. 

I have the following message that appears when clicking ACT Scheduler.  "ACT! Scheduler service is unavailable.  Please install the ser vice to run scheduler."  I received ACT11 for my computer which runs XP from a internet download after Beta testing the product.  I do NOT have a product CD.  Can you walk me through getting the Scheduler installed?  Thanks.

Reinstalling ACT! will resolve the issue.  I have sent you a private messages with the download link.

Re: ACT Scheduler error - Root Element Missing

Good afternoon - we've had some issues with the server that we're running (disk full) and as a result, Act wasn't loading. I was able to free up more space and can get the server console of Act working perfectly, but the Act for Web doesn't work - it comes up with an error message:

"An error has occurred on the server and has been logged. Please contact your administrator if this problem persists."

I noticed that the server is also reporting a problem with the Act Scheduler and trying to run it comes up with the following:

"Act Scheduler Error. Error occured while loading server config file. Root element is missing. Contact adminstrator for assistance."

I followed your instructions below, but nothing changed - I still get the error messages. Any other ideas of how to get this fixed?

Thanks!

Tuned Listener

Hi David,

I see you have some experience with the Act Scheduler. I've been having issues for several months where each time Act Schuduler tries to run, it throws an error and my computer reboots. This is happening at least twice a day, and is very frustrating. I had some tech support help, which helped briefly as they uninstalled part of the .net stuff. After windows "caught up" and reinstalled things, this has reappearrd again. The strange issue is that I don't have anything set up in Act Scheduler, so I don't know why it's running at all.

I'm running Act  2010 Version 12.1.181.0, Hot Fix 1

I did have Hot Fix 3 at one time, so I'm not sure why it says Hot Fix 1? 

I'd really appreciate a solution to this. Thanks!

Rick Ayres

Lakes Print 

JK

I've followed the steps below. However, is there a step missing ? Once you go to Act for Windows (correct version) in my ducments, should I delete Act Scheduler items listed so Act will rebuild when next launched? Please help. Thanks. JK
Platinum Elite Contributor

JK,
The path you want to go to is C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ACT\ACT For Windows <version> . Then rename the Schedule_File.xml file to "Scheduler_File.xml.old"

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

I tried this solution

1. Close ACT!
  2. Close ACT! Scheduler.
  3. Launch Windows® Explorer(or open My Computer).
  4. Browse to the following folder: Note: For Sage ACT! 2011, the folder will be ACT DATA instead of ACT for Windows #.
  1. Right-click the xmlfile, and click Rename from the shortcut menu. Add .old to the current name (SCHEDULER_FILE.xml.old).
  2. Close Windows Explorer(or My Computer).
  3. Launch ACT!.
  4. Launch ACT! Scheduler.

and said Yes to UAC and still got the same error message. 

Error: "Root Element is Missing" When Launching Sage ACT! Scheduler

What should I do now?

Administrator

Hi Al,

Please can you let us know what version of Act! you have, and what version of Windows you are running?