Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Scheduler is Unavailable

Copper Contributor

ACT Scheduler is Unavailable

Hello I have one client that is using ACT 2010.  I just upgraded all the system to Hot Fix 1.  So now they are ACT! by Sage 2010 Version 12.1.181.0, Hot Fix 1.  Everything worked just fine except on 1 system the ACT Scheduler is not working and get the error that ACT Scheduler is Unavailable.  I look in the services and don't see it running.  All the other systems can run it just fine after the Hot Fix installation.  Any ideas on how to get this working again?  They downloaded ACT from Sage.com at the time of purchase.

-Bobohost
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT Scheduler is Unavailable

[ Edited ]

Hello Bobohost,
When say you don't see the ACT! Scheduler running in the list of services, does this mean that is it there and not running, or that it is missing from the list of services altogether? If it is there, can you manually start it from services? If it is missing, then you will need to uninstall and reinstall ACT! to get the Scheduler back. If this is the case, then please send me your ACT! serial number in a Private Message, and I can send you a link to download the full updated version of ACT! 2010 SP HF1. To send a private message, click my username on the left, then click "Send this user a private message" on the right.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Copper Contributor

Thanks.  I will need that link.  I have sent you a message.

-Bobohost
Bronze Contributor

Just curious, why do you need ACT! Scheduler running on all of the workstations?  Outlook calendar sync?

Signature
Copper Contributor

It's not on all just two of them.  Yes it's for the Outlook Sync.  Would run from server but it doesn't have access to the Outlook Calendar they want to sync with.

-Bobohost
Bronze Contributor

Got it, thanks.

Signature
Copper Contributor

The re-install worked.  I'm seeing a new issue though where I can't copy data from Outlook to ACT only ACT to Outlook.  I'll start a new thread.

-Bobohost