Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! Scheduler error. Could not load type ‘Act.Framework.Synchronization.Utils.Security’

Accepted Solution Solved
Loyal Listener
Accepted Solution

ACT! Scheduler error. Could not load type ‘Act.Framework.Synchronization.Utils.Security’

I just updated ACT! Premium for Web 2009 to version 11.1.183.0, Hotfix 3. Now when I attempted to go to the menu Tools-->Activity Scheduler I get the following error:

ACT! Scheduler error. Could not load type ‘Act.Framework.Synchronization.Utils.Security’ from assembly ‘Act.Framework.Synchronization, Version=11.1.183.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=ebf6b2ff4d0a08aa’. Contact administrator for assistance.

I'm running the database in SQL Server 2005 on Win Server 2003, and the application on a different Win Server 2003 . I have updated both servers with the ACT updates. Prior to installing the updates, ACT and ACT Scheduler worked perfectly. Thoughts?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author IT_Services
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: ACT! Scheduler error. Could not load type ‘Act.Framework.Synchronization.Utils.Security’

[ Edited ]

The issue is being addressed and we will rerelease hot fix 3 when it has been fixed.

Attached are the original DLLs for Premium, Web, and Standard.

- Extract the DLL and copy to install directory (default: C:\Program Files\ACT\ACT for <Windows or Web>

- Go to Start and select Run

- Type assembly and click Ok

- Drag and drop Act.Framework.Synchronization.dll into the Assembly folder

- Open ACT! Scheduler.

Message Edited by dlunceford on 08-24-2009 08:43 AM

View solution in original post

All Replies

Re: ACT! Scheduler error. Could not load type ‘Act.Framework.Synchronization.Utils.Security’

On the machine you're trying to run the ACT! Scheduler, go to C:\Windows\Assembly . What is the version of Act.Framework.Synchronization?
Loyal Listener

Hello David, thanks for responding.

It's version 11.1.183.0

Copper Contributor

I tried to update to Hofix 3 this evening and I recevied the exact same issue/error with the Scheduler.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

PersonTX

Tuned Listener

Also can confirm that this happened immediately after the Hotfix3 upgrade.

No other changes were made on the server.

Exact Text (minus the public key):

Act! Schedule Error. Could not load type 'Act.Framework.Synchronization.Utils.Security' from assembly 'Act.Framework.Synchronization, Version=11.1.183.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=(hex string)'. Contact administrator for assistance.

I have duplicated the issue you described and have reported it as an issue for further research.  There are two workarounds at this time.  The first workaround is to replace Act.Framework.Synchronization.dll with the original 11.1 DLL.  This will get you access to the ACT! Scheduler, but you won't get the fixes included in the hot fix.  The other workaround is to reinstall ACT! to version that doesn't include hot fix 3.

Let me know which workaround you will be doing and I will provide the original DLL or a full download link that includes the latest update and hot fix 1.

Loyal Listener

This is good news. I think it goes without saying that reinstalling ACT would be much more time consuming than your first workaround. That being said, I'd like to replace the newest Act.Framework.Synchronization.dll with the original 11.1 dll, so if you can provide this to me I'd certainly appreciate it!

Thank you David for all your help.

Copper Elite Contributor

I have the same error message on 5 different client computers after applying hotfix 3.  Different computers all running perfectly fine before hotfix 3, one is a Windows Server 2003, the rest are Workstations.  Some are Premium, others are Standard.

So, if hotfix 3 is supposed to FIX problems, WHY is it creating problems??????

Please send the original dll so I can give it out to 5 different clients!!!!!

If clients need the Microsoft Excel synchronization fix that comes with hotfix 3 (hot BREAK 3), what are we supposed to do? 

David Sunnarborg
MarketPlace Innovations Incorporated
Minneapolis, MN
Solution
Accepted by topic author IT_Services
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

[ Edited ]

The issue is being addressed and we will rerelease hot fix 3 when it has been fixed.

Attached are the original DLLs for Premium, Web, and Standard.

- Extract the DLL and copy to install directory (default: C:\Program Files\ACT\ACT for <Windows or Web>

- Go to Start and select Run

- Type assembly and click Ok

- Drag and drop Act.Framework.Synchronization.dll into the Assembly folder

- Open ACT! Scheduler.

Message Edited by dlunceford on 08-24-2009 08:43 AM
Loyal Listener

I went ahead and replaced my DLL with the one you provided but it still shows as version 11.1.183.0. Shouldn't this read 11.1? Regardless, this DLL does work.

Is there a time estimate as to when the hot fix will be corrected and re-released?

Thanks for getting me going again David.