Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Sage 2010 - Network Synchronization and Router Issue

ACT Sage 2010 - Network Synchronization and Router Issue

For the past year I've been running ACT 2010 on 2 computers.

The host computer is running Windows 7 whereas the computer connecting to the the host computer is running Windows XP.

Previously I was using a Linksys router and assigned the host computer an IP of 192.168.1.101 and the other computer was set to connect to that IP address.

Now, that router died and before I could do a sync I purchased a new Medialink router and I had to change the IP of the host computer to 192.168.0.101.  I cannot change the IP address on the host server ACT database under the Synchronization Panel under Manage Connection Information (it is grayed out).

My question is how can I change the IP address of the ACT database so it "registers" the new IP address.  Do I need to do anything more on the computer connecting to the host computer besides changing the connection information IP to 192.168.0.101? 

Thanks in advance for any help.

Bronze Contributor

Re: ACT Sage 2010 - Network Synchronization and Router Issue

1. Set a new forwarding rule in the new router that points TCP traffic on port 65100 to 192.168.0.100

2. Enter 192.168.0.100 into the remote computer (the one that connects to the host)

Signature

Re: ACT Sage 2010 - Network Synchronization and Router Issue

Didn't work, still getting an unable to synchronize error.