Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! Running Super Slow

ACT! Running Super Slow

My ACT! has been running super slow since yesterday.  Any ideas on how to resolve?

Copper Super Contributor

Re: ACT! Running Super Slow

Have you tried to run Tools - Database Maintenance - Check and Repair? It will update the index files and more

Lennart Johansson
zoft80.com
Sweden
Bronze Super Contributor

Hi ksdc414.

Is your Act! running faster now after you did the Database Maintenance?

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 

I never had to run it because it started working properly on its own again after 2 days of running slow.  I did keep the database maintenance info in case it happens again.  Thanks for checking.

Hi David!

My ACT! is running slow again.  I tried to do the steps you mentioned previously however when I click "Database Maintenance", my only option is "Lock/Unlock Database".  Any suggestions.  The rest of my computer is fine.

Thanks!

Shannon

• Act! Premium (Web) Version: 19.0.155.0
  • Local Machine
  • Windows 10
Copper Super Contributor

If you dont see the other menu items under Database Maintenance then it is probably because of that you dont have the user rights to access it.

Check to see if you can use ActDiag instead

Right-click on Start, select Run and type and hit OK

If you get ActDiag to start you will find the menu Databases, select Database Name and right-click on your database, you will get a menu with a lot of items use those for repair and reindex

ksdc414 wrote:
  • Act! Premium (Web) Version: 19.0.155.0
  • Local Machine
  • Windows 10

Lennart Johansson
zoft80.com
Sweden

OK...feeling a little dumb...where is the start button.  I dont see it.

Also, I am the only user.  I bought the product myself so shouldnt I have access to everything?

Administrator

Hi Shannon,

Lennart is referring to the Windows Start menu (the menu which appears when you press the Windows key on your keyboard). You can use a shortcut to access the Run dialog if it does not appear on your Start menu. Just press Windows Key + R.

If you are the only user of Act, then you should have Admin privileges. Check in the Tools menu, can you access the Manage Users option? If not, then you aren't an administrator user. There must be another user in your database who has the administrator security role. To see all users of the database, click Lookup > Advanced > Users.

There are 2 users under manage users...admin and me but I can control both.  I just always log in under my name.  When I logged in under admin, the result was the same.  I can only see "lock/unlock database".