Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! Remembering the Column Sorting Order

Copper Contributor

ACT! Remembering the Column Sorting Order

Has anyone put any thought into adding a memory function to the column settings in ACT! v21, v20, etc.?  Our company is currently using v21, and every time I enter an Opportunity view for the first time of the day, I need to re-sort the opportunities by newest date, which requires me to 'click and wait' twice on the date column, since the first click sorts from oldest to newest and I want to see them from newest to oldest.  The default sort setting puts the smallest dollar amount opportunities at the top, which isn't at all practical for our purposes.  It would be nice to go to any Opportunity view and see it the way I left it the last time I was in there, instead of having to spend time making it look like I need it to.

Highlighted
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! Remembering the Column Sorting Order

What you are referring to is available using a third party plugin like Durkin Action Suite.
Roy Laudenslager
Retired ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Nickel Contributor

Act Listview Manager remembers your columns, your filters and sort order.

Gilles Cavin
http://www.exponenciel.com
Make sure you check our free Act! add-ons!
Create Web forms in seconds and import form results directly into Act! with Automatic Web Forms
check our latest add-on: Better Last Activity Date Tracking
Copper Contributor

Once again, I'm spending about an hour today, going through and re-customizing all of my Views and Column layouts because I had a software issue and tech support uninstalled and re-installed ACT!.  It would be really nice to simply load a saved backup of all the custom views, rather than use the Customize Columns feature to do everything manually.