Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT REPORTS

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

ACT REPORTS

I have created a report in ACT (10) to take all the information from the opportunity area in to an invoice.

It all works including totals and a final total - but now I want to add VAT. Does anyone know where there is understandable information about creating custom fields in the ACT reports. It will need to take the final total and add USER FIELD % This will take the figure from a User Field in the ACT Opportunity table as VAT can be 17.5 or 0. I will then need another custom field to Add the VAT Field to The Final Total Field to give a Total with VAT. I did do 2 hours on Report writing during ACT 7 training years ago but it is all a blur now.

Any report guru's out there?

Thanks in advance

Chip

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chip
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: ACT REPORTS

Thanks Roy

Has anyone produced a guide to report writing in ACT including the advanced features like custom fields?

Chip

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

Chip

The custom, label and text field objects are all similar in function. The main difference with the custom table is the property to add a simple one line VB script expression directly to the field properties. I've use both custom and label fields to receive the results from my VB scripting. What you want to do should be possible using VB scripting however exactly how it would be done in your specific report template would require examination of your database and your report template. I will add one comment, I seldom try to modify any of the templates provided with the ACT! program but build most of my reports from scratch.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chip
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Thanks Roy

Has anyone produced a guide to report writing in ACT including the advanced features like custom fields?

Chip

Platinum Elite Contributor

None that I know of. I should write one but I haven't yet.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Basic: running a ALL company report

Hi..

Sorry to jump into this thread but I am having equal problems trying to figure out how to create a new message on the blog as I am trying to figure out how to run a company report by state from my database. I am a new user, working remote and don't have access to support at this time..

HELP!!

Thx

KK