Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Program will not open

ACT Program will not open

I have a user who can not open the ACT 2007 Premium workgroup database.  We are networked together and the database is fine.  Her program will not respond to open.  Apparently this happened before and the ACT tech was on the phone for hours trying to determine why it will not respond.  As I have not been in this position before, I am unsure what to do.  Has anyone ran into this problem before?
Copper Super Contributor

Re: ACT Program will not open

I'm not sure about Act 2007, but I have a similar problem with Act 2005. Open the task manager and click on the tab for Processes (Ctrl-Alt-Del). For my version, I look for 'Act7.exe', so in your case, I'm assuming it's 'Act9.exe'. Click on it and then click "End Process." Now you'll be able to open the application.

This is something we deal with frequently, but not sure if it is something that has been fixed in a newer version.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT Program will not open

lewisw wrote:
I have a user who can not open the ACT 2007 Premium workgroup database.  We are networked together and the database is fine.  Her program will not respond to open.  Apparently this happened before and the ACT tech was on the phone for hours trying to determine why it will not respond.  As I have not been in this position before, I am unsure what to do.  Has anyone ran into this problem before?

When you say "Her program will not respond to open"... you mean she clicks on the ACT! icon or in the start | All Programs and nothing happens?

If Dave's solution doesn't help:
Have you tried after a reboot?
Is there any error?
After attempting to open, cCan you run LogViewer.exe and see if there is any error?
Is there anything in the Windows Event Log?