Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Pro V18 Display Changes after sync with cloud

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

ACT Pro V18 Display Changes after sync with cloud

[ Edited ]

Using Premium Cloud v18 remote client on Windows 7 machine.

All screens worked fine until a few days ago.  Then the contact detail view layout became very small, while the field descriptions are so large the end of the description is cut off.  Some text under the contact tabs is tiny, other text is very large. Text in the contact list view is very large, so large that the lines overlap.  Schedule pop up window has field descriptions so large they are partially covered by the field box, while text in the field boxes varies over the window from tiny to very large.

I tried changing the font size on the contact view and list view in preferences, and it didn't change the display.  Also tried changing screen resolution, which didn't fix the problem.

This is a user's laptop so can't swear to what happened before this problem came up.  I do know that the user backed up the computer.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Robert Wells
‎08-13-2016 12:49 PM
Copper Contributor

Re: ACT Pro V18 Display Changes after sync with cloud

[ Edited ]

Disabled DPI scaling for Act program only - fixed!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Administrator

Hi Robert,

It sounds like the display scaling of the laptop may have been changed. Please can you check if it's currently set to 100%?
The following Knowledgebase article explains how to adjust the DPI setting: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26349
Copper Contributor

Thanks, Gary.  Changed the DPI and it made no difference in the Act display.

Note:  Windows 7 is running on MacBook Air with Parallels in both cases where users have this problem.  Don't know if that would make a difference, but the user running Windows on a desktop PC does NOT have this problem.

Any other suggestions short of uninstalling the remote client and reinstalling?  Without a solution, I'm afraid we'd just have the same problem again.

Administrator

Does the issue affect any other databases? If you don't have any to test with, try creating a new one.

It would be worth trying a rebuild of the local preferences of Act. This Knowledgebase article covers the process: http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14770
Copper Contributor

It affects 1 Cloud db.  Each of the 2 remote clients affected are running a separate db specific to that user.

Administrator

If you create a new database within the Act installation, by clicking on File > New Database, does this database also show the same issue affecting the cloud DB?
Copper Contributor

Yes, looks the same

Copper Contributor

If I rebuilt the local preferences, I'll need to do the same for both laptops with the same issue, right?

Administrator

I would test rebuilding the local preferences on one laptop to see if the issue is resolved. If not, then there is no need to do the same on the other laptop.

If this does not help, I would suggest an uninstall and reinstall of the remote client, or calling our technical support team on 866 873 2006 for some more in-depth troubleshooting.

Copper Contributor

Thanks!

Will do.