Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! Premium web

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

ACT! Premium web

I've installed ACT for web on a new server (win 2008 r2). The installation went fine, but when I test the ASP.net account I receive an error (Client found response content type of 'text/html; charset=utf-8' , but expexted 'text/xml'.). After ready the web admin guide it is telling me that I need to add a windows impersonation user account and that I am to add it to my domain. Currently, I do not have a domain on this server. Am I to add a user in local users and groups for this to work?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author jmccaffrey@rectenwald.com
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: ACT! Premium web

Problem has been resolved. The DefaultAppPool had the wrong version of ASP.net.  s/b 2.0.50727

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello jmccaffrey,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. Yes, you will need to create a local user (you can call it APFW or something similar) for your impersonation account. Add this user to the Administrators group, then use that login in the Website Administration utility in ACT! for Web.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Solution
Accepted by topic author jmccaffrey@rectenwald.com
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Problem has been resolved. The DefaultAppPool had the wrong version of ASP.net.  s/b 2.0.50727

I'm encountering the same error as the original posting, however we are currently running with the proper version of .NET in the default app pool and we are using an impersonation account on the server to run the web integration services, so are there any other suggestions??

Ok, so as it turns out, the issue here was that the clock on the PC was four minutes faster than the clock on the server hosting the APFW database.  Sync'd the two times up and the error went away ... launched Outlook fine, no XML error, etc.  Integration with Outlook still won't work, however - but I guess that's for a different reason.