Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Premium vs. Salesforce

ACT Premium vs. Salesforce

One of our people is being heavily swayed away from ACT, even though we've used it for years, primarily because the mobile aspect is so attractive.  I know there is ACT Premium Mobile, and have showed him the demo, but I don't think he's considering the extra cost to convert all the data from ACT, and make sure that existing programs we use as add-ins (i.e. Stonefield Query) will work.  He's not concerned about the fact that it will cost twice as much overall to use (I believe it is probably much more costly than he is aware of).  We have 10 licenses at minimum, locally in our office, and have sales reps in the field that we'd like to allow remote access to our database to keep it up to date with information and data they collect-we've got about 10 of those.

I've got white papers to try and convince him, but I'm looking for feedback from here, possibly from people who have made the switch and came back, or from admins who would advise against it. 

We are currently on ACT Premium 2011, which I'm aware doesn't have the Mobile feature, and we've been planning on upgrading to either 2013 or, if it comes out soon, 2014.  Virtually everyone in our company has a smartphone, tablet, and laptop or desktop for access to the database.

Thanks in advance for any guidance the community can provide.

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: ACT Premium vs. Salesforce

Buyer Beware is my expression for those considering SF either new or especially when converting from ACT!.

See the attached document which is attached without prejudice.

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 

Re: ACT Premium vs. Salesforce

Thank you for this-it helps out a lot.  Do you know if the email limit is per domain or per user on the domain?  I think it's 500 emails per day.  And is it incoming and outgoing, or just outgoing?