Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Premium version 20 Outlook issue

Highlighted

ACT Premium version 20 Outlook issue

We are having a unique problem on one of our laptops. We have a very large ACT database. I am constantly updating our contacts' information, specifically the email field. Randomly, it seems, on this particular laptop, when we click on certain contacts' email addresses in the contact dashboard, it opens an email in Outlook, but it is addressed to the OLD email address- even when the new, correct email is what is in ACT. I'd venture a guess this is happening about 5% of the time- again, it seems very random, but we aren't made aware of it until the email bounces back to us. So: click on email address in ACT, Outlook comes up, but the email is addressed to the contact's old email. We have a hybrid version of ACT, using the offline client solution and syncing to the cloud. We sync multiple times a day, so it's not as if this is an outdated syncing issue. Help?

Highlighted
Employee

Re: ACT Premium version 20 Outlook issue

Does this happen just after you've updated the email address on a record? Or is it after a period of maybe a few days?

It sounds to me like the record maybe hasn't been updated correctly. I'd generally recommend making sure that you click the save button after making any updates to make sure that the change is committed back to the database itself.

Another thing I'd be interested to know if whether this happens in both the cloud version and in your offline client or just one or the other?
Highlighted

Thanks Dan- this is happening to contacts that were updated months ago. Interestingly, it's not happening at all on my machine, just my boss' laptop. I just logged into his online version of ACT and that works fine (good question!). Again, I don't have this issue at all, only my boss when using the offline client.

Highlighted
Nickel Elite Contributor

Hello, This is just an idea...  It would be good to check that the Act! Database be the first address book selected in Outlook

1.png

This video gives you an idea of how to set up the Act! Database. be the first list in the address book  CLICK HERE

After making the change, restart Outlook and try again

I hope you find it useful

FIRMA.png

Juan Carlos Otero Garcia
juancarlosotero@protonmail.com
Highlighted
Employee

I can suggest checking if outlook has more than one email for some person.

2018-08-29_1018.png

Highlighted

Thank you for the idea! No success, but fingers crossed for as easy a solution.

Highlighted

Hi Carl- this is interesting. I pulled up a contact in Outlook for which this is happening. Only 1 email is available for him...and it's the outdated email. Outlook is not pulling from the ACT field for this (and other) contacts. It reigns in my problem a bit, but I can't get any further...

Highlighted
Nickel Elite Contributor

AFAIK the problem was fixed in v20.1 update 6 or 7.

Andreas Schlesselmann
Melville-Schellmann GbR
Germany
www.melville-schellmann.de
Highlighted
Nickel Super Contributor

The problem may be due to setting the Outlook setting "Automatic name checking" once un-ticked the email address might not change
This can be changed via
Click the File menu and Select Options.
In the Outlook Options window Click the Mail tab.
Scroll down roughly halfway until you see Send messages. Uncheck the "Automatic name checking" option
Click OK to save the changes

automatic name checking, also known as Autoresolve. This feature allows you to type a name, or even just the first few letters, and the name resolves a few seconds after you tab out of the field. When one match is found, the name has a solid underline. When more than one possible match exist you’ll see a red wavy underline. Right click on it to choose an address. When more than one match exists for a name you’ve used before, Outlook resolves to the last name used and uses a green dotted line to alert you that other possibilities exist. Right click to see the other addresses

We had this problem on one machine and when you pasted the new email address in outlook then tabbed out the email reverted to the old email address.