Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! Premium v22 Issue - Editing History Records Erases the Subject Line and Replaces it with a Large Blank Space

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

ACT! Premium v22 Issue - Editing History Records Erases the Subject Line and Replaces it with a Large Blank Space

[ Edited ]

I just installed ACT! Version 22.0.205.0, and the first thing I noticed is, whenever I open a History Record to edit it, and then click OK to save it, it erases the Subject Line in the Regarding field, so the record appears blank in the Contact History. I was told today that this is a known issue and they are working on it. Until it is fixed, this will affect every history record we open and save. To get around this, I realized I can copy the Subject Line while I'm in the Edit History window and paste it into the Details section at the bottom of the window before clicking OK to close it. The text is pasted as large Verdana text for some reason, so it's up to you if you want to change it to Microsoft Sans Serif 11, so it looks like the original text.

The other problem I see is the large blank area in the Regarding field that appears for each edited record. There doesn't seem to be a way to remove it, and I see others are also experiencing this in their Activities and Notes. Large empty spaces in History Records are a terrible waste of valuable real estate, so I hope they don't stick around.  Given the choice of being able to see 20 history records on my screen or 8, I'll take the 20 any day.

I'm considering reverting back to v21, until they get the bugs out.  So far, I'm the only one in my company who upgraded, but I already upgraded the server, too, so going backwards has it's own complications.  If I tell my coworkers to upgrade, then yes, we can all synchronize again, but we'll be messing up our database, every time we edit a history record.

The attached image is the result of opening a History Record and associating it with a Group and an Opportunity, which is something I do many times a day.  The subject line was normal prior to the edit.  After the edit, no text at all.