Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Premium v20 installation error

ACT Premium v20 installation error

When installing v20 during the unpack sequence I get an error message  act%21_premium_v20_sp0x159.exe\bin\ACTWG.dbd  can not be generated and unpack fails.

Employee

Re: ACT Premium v20 installation error

Last time I saw this it was a strong virus protection program blocking Windows from unzipping compressed files.
Any luck if temporarily turning off all Virus programs?

A possible incomplete download is a second thought. Try re-downloading.

Administrator

Exactly as Carl's said, usually errors during the unpack are antivirus or a failed download.

Just to add to this, I'd also recommend running the unzipper 'as admin' - sometimes there are permission issues writing the files to the root of the "C:\" - where they get unpacked to.

Running the WinZip with Administrative permission and anti-virus secured, opened the Windows Installer, which immediately failed with error 1628, Failed to complete installation.    I repeated the process starting from a fresh download from the ACT Premium Update web page, and got the same results.   

Administrator

Is there plenty of free space on the C: drive? Even if you're installing on another drive like D: the installer will temporarily store files in the Temp folder, which is always stored on the system drive.

What version of Windows are you running?

I am using Windows 10  64k,   Drive C has 217 GB of 449 GB free and Drive D has 385 of 465 GB free.

Administrator

Hmm, I'd recommend trying a installing as a different windows user - ideally a local administrator.

Another possibility is that the InstallShield install software itself is damaged - unfortunately not something I'd know how to help with.

If you could try installing under another user profile it'll give us some more information to go on anyway.
Copper Super Contributor

The unpack process creates a folder with all the install files, then launches setup.exe

You can do the first part on a different computer and then copy the unzipped install folder to the system you want to do the install on.  

It will be over a gigabyte in size.   Run setup.exe manually. 

Alan

Alan M Lee

1st ACC and still standing

www.OAKMerge.com