Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! Premium v18 freezes

Copper Super Contributor

ACT! Premium v18 freezes

I've been having freeze-ups on ACT! v18 Premium (web), Update 7 and Windows 10.  I haven't been able to determine what causes the freeze.  Sometimes I can close it and just reopen it. Other times I need to restart the computer.

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: ACT! Premium v18 freezes

In some cases I have had to review the Firewall and Antivirus exclusions , I must also disable the User account control (UAC) and restart the computer

Additionally:  Remember to back up the database in a folder created for this task periodically - and - keep in a safe place the administrator-user password 

Best regards,

Juan Carlos Otero
juancarlostero@icloud.com
Copper Super Contributor

Is there another solution? Of course, I"m backed up. I'm the only user of the DB.
Administrator

We have a Knowledgebase article regarding adding anti-virus exceptions for Act:

http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25125
Additionally I would recommend adding the C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Roaming\ACT directory to the list of exceptions.

To help with further troubleshooting:

1. Are you seeing this freezing behaviour in one articular place in the software, or when trying to complete a specific action?
  2. Is it occurring only in one particular database? Could you test in the demo DB?
  3. Does it occur for other Windows users on the PC? If you don;t have any, could you try creating one and testing?
  4. Do you see any recent errors in the Act Log Viewer? You can find this in C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\ACT for Web\LogViewer.exe Note: Act will need to be closed to use the log viewer.