Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! Premium gets Outlook to disconnect and popup for Username and Password

ACT! Premium gets Outlook to disconnect and popup for Username and Password

Anyone experiencing similar issues where when ACT! Premium is running and Outlook keeps popping up Username and Password box. No matter if you enter correct credentials or hit cancel, it keeps asking for credentials. Uninstalling ACT! completely resolves the problem and once ACT reinstalled problem comes back. This is happening to almost all the users in main office and remote site. Its Exchange 2007 with Exchange SP2 running and otherwise no issues in the network.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! Premium gets Outlook to disconnect and popup for Username and Password

Is it the ACT! user/pass it's asking for or Outlook credentials?

What version of ACT! (full build from Help | about)?

What version of Outlook?

Hi Mike,

The pop-up is from Outlook and its behaviour has been random. Some users can put in credentials and it goes away (every morning) and others will have to enter it a few times and/or restart the PC (on certain days). I have also got a support case running with Microsoft Support to verify its not Outlook/Exchange issue. But I know when ACT is not running on any PC no such problems are seen for weeks. The ACT installation team has also put in a batch script that deletes all the files in HistoryQueue Folder and %TEMP% Folder on user machines.

Act Version: Premium 2010 Version 12.0.409.0, Hotfix 2 (on Terminal Server, MS Server 2008)

Outlook: 2007

Exchange Server: EBS 2008 + Exchange 2007 SP2

I'm having the same problem: at random intervals I get a dialogue window asking me to "Enter Network Password."  The server/username in the window is an old e-mail address that no longer functions.  This ONLY happens when ACT! is running (Act 9.0), as though the ACT software were trying to connect to the old e-mail address.  I've tried setting up ACT! with a different e-mail address, but the dialogue window keeps appearing.

When the window appears I hit 'cancel' every time it pops up - usually I have to hit cancel three times before the window will go away, and often the window will pop up again 30 seconds later.  It is EXTREMELY annoying.  Shutting down ACT! stops the window from popping up; restarting the computer also stops it from happening, and it may not happen again for weeks.  But sooner or later, sure enough the window appears again.  For what it's worth I've had to hit "cancel" on this dialogue window 12-15 times in the time it took to type this post.

Really, it sounds very similar to the problem the original poster described.  Sadly there was no solution offered in this thread.  Anyone have any idea what I can do to stop this???