Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! Premium for Workgroups 2007 (9.0) - Exception error

ACT! Premium for Workgroups 2007 (9.0) - Exception error

We have started receiving the following error, that occurs near the end of the work day:

"Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.

Process ID=0xa54 (2644), Thread ID=0xa5c (2652).

Click OK to terminate the application.

Click CANCEL to debug the application."

Any ideas of what the problem could be?  I did see a post for a similar error message (not exactly the same), that suggested removing .net2.0 and .net1.1 and reinstalling only .net 1.1.  Does anyone think this would work?

Thanks,

Nancy @ PhxBen

Phoenix, AZ

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! Premium for Workgroups 2007 (9.0) - Exception error

First of all, you don't want to install just .NET 1.1...that applies to ACT 2006.  ACT 2007 requires .NET 2.0.

Some questions for clarification:

- Does this happen on more than one machine

- Does the Windows Event Log show .NET errors? (right-click My Computer, choose Manage, expand Event Viewer, click Application and look at list on left for red errors)

- What version/build of ACT 2007 are you on (in ACT, go to Help/About ACT)

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

I apologize for taking so long to respond to your questions - had to wait for a day I worked later than the telemarketers so I could work on their computers.  Here are answers:

- Does this happen on more than one machine?   Yes

- What version/build of ACT 2007 are you on?   V 9.0.1.162

- Does the Windows Event Log show .NET errors?  Yes, and some other errors.  These errors occur on both machines.  Here is a recap:

1.  ".NET Runtime 2.0 Error - EventType clr20r3, P1 actsage.exe. P2 9.1.162.0. P3 460aa3a5. P4 mscorlib. P5 2.0.0.0. P6 471ebc5b. P7 113a. P8 3b. P9 system.threading.abandonedmutex. P10 NIL."

2.  ".NET Runtime 2.0 Error - EventType clr20r3, P1 actsage.exe. P2 9.1.162.0. P3 460aa3a5. P4 mscorlib. P5 2.0.0.0. P6 471ebc5b. P7 3404. P8 21c. P9 system.io.ioexception. P10 NIL."

3.  "Application Hang - Hanging application ActSage.exe, version 9.1.162.0. hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0. hang address 0x00000000."

4.  "ACT! Scheduler - Service cannot be started.  System.Exception: Unable to start scheduler service. Missing server configuration information.  at Act.Scheduler.SchedulerService.OnStart(String[]args), at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceBase.ServiceQueuedMainCallback (Object state)"

Both machines are running XP which has all the current updates; each machine has 1GB+ of memory; the only programs running are ACT!, Outlook, and Altigen (for our phone system).

Thank you, in advance, for any help you can provide.  Our telemarketers are complaining again that their computers are slowing down near the end of the day.

Nancy

Phoenix, AZ

Platinum Elite Contributor

I would say that you have a bad install of .NET.  You will need to remove ACT!, Microsoft SQL and .NET, and reboot the machine.  Then you can reinstall all 3 items by running the ACT! installation.

Please check your Private Messages for a tool to cleanup .NET.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.