Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! Premium for Web 2009 High CPU Usage When running reports

Copper Contributor

ACT! Premium for Web 2009 High CPU Usage When running reports

We are currently running ACT! Premium for Web 11.1.196.0 on a Windows 2003 32-bit server (1 CPU, 4GB RAM).  We are trying to run a Notes/History report through the web interface on about 19,000 contacts.  We are searching all contacts on the general tab and on the notes and histories tab we are selecting one of our users.

The report takes up to 30 minutes to run or it just hangs and does not finish.  On the ACT server I noticed that W3WP.exe is eating 99% of the CPU and it's memory usage just keeps climbing.

Any ideas what might be causing this?  It does not seem like a report like that should cause this many issues.

Thanks,

PersonTX

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! Premium for Web 2009 High CPU Usage When running reports

The report is searching three different tables, Contact, Notes and History. With 10,000 contact records I would guess that you have over 100,000 history records plus however many note records. That is going to take a significant time to search and assemble the report.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

Thanks Roy.  So the amount of time it takes to run seems normal.  Should the CPU be spiking that high though?

Thanks again,

PersonTX

Platinum Elite Contributor

The CPU usage is some average that Microsoft came up with and I don't have any idea what it actually means. The CPU is a binary device, it's usage is 100 percent or 0. Beyond a high usage meaning there is a lot of activity, it doesn't have much meaning.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129