07-01-2013 11:42 AM
I've got an interesting problem with a database I just updated to 2013.
Running 2012 -
Normal operation: Type US citiy into form field and it autodetects USA and usually the State if its a standard city.
After 2013 upgrade -
Current Operation: Type in US city into form field and it autodetect Australia and autofills in an Australian province.
Now I have gone through and confirmed all locations and region settings on both the server pre database upgrade and post database upgrade. On both Windows and Act!.
I have reconverted the database and tested it on a fresh lab machine with the same results.
Latest version applied and post ACT! 2013 service-pack
The only differnece between the database setups is pre is run on a windows 2008 server with ACT! 2012 and post is running on a windows 2012 server with Act! 2013.
Now would anyone have an idea of what may of happened during the database conversion process. I would be more then happy to provide logs or any other detailed information as this is very strange and needs to get sorted out.
BlueBlazer Technical Services
07-01-2013 12:34 PM
nothing wrong with that mate, it just knows where the best can be found
Seriously, i assume you use a add-on program to achieve this in the 2012 ed... then you will probably find that its not compatable with the 2013 ed
Also you could check the table for the city names see if it really has Australia in it (i think you will find its the add-on programe thats doing it and not the database)
07-02-2013 09:03 AM
Indeed, I thought to check addon's as well. The server it lives on came from Australia so we find it a tad ironic.
This situtation is replicatable on a fresh install with no addons. I'll post a couple of screenshots....