Do you mean 

ACT! Premium and Google Apps Sync

ACT! Premium and Google Apps Sync

Currently our setup is:

Windows 2003 domain

Exchange 2003 Email

Outlook 2007 client

ACT! 2009 Premium

We do the Outlook sync currently and everything is running fine.

We are looking to move to a new setup.

Move away from Exchange email and utilize Google Apps, with the Google Apps Sync to enable us to keep using Outlook.

We would like to keep using ACT! as well, but do not know if we can run the Google Apps Sync and the ACT! sync together.  We are also looking to upgrade to ACT! 2011, so if that is an issue, we hope to have it resolved by the upgrade.

Does anyone have any experience with this? I contacted Google, but they said I would have to ask ACT! support.  I contacted our support consultant, but they did not know, so i'm hoping someone in the community can help, as I cannot find a support email on SAGE to email.

Thank you,

Copper Contributor

Re: ACT! Premium and Google Apps Sync

Sorry I don't have a specific answer for you, but just be aware that Act! 2012 is due out soon and it has Google syncing ability built in to Act! (contacts, calendar and ability to send email via gmail).  I haven't seen it or played with it yet, but the marketing materials make it sound really good. 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Hello vitaladmin,
ACT! 2012, which releases next month, includes Google contact and calendar sync, as well as integration with Gmail.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thank you all that replied. 

Sync'ing directly with Google Apps will be nice.  I suppose we can then just eliminate Outlook as an intermediary then?

Copper Contributor

That is the way I understand it. 

ACT! Premium and Google Apps Sync -HELP!

we currently use Sage ACT! Pro 2012 Version 14.1.108.0,

The add-ins in Outlook caused so many problems in Outlook keeps locking up and now we can't send and receive e-mail through Outlook.

Please tell us how to sync Google apps ( using Gmail) with our version of ACT above.

we currently have a lot of e-mails and are using 2.8 GB of storage space through Google apps, although we do delete a lot of e-mails there are a lot we have to save for future reference.

Outlook has caused so many problems and wasted a lot of our time and we really need help in that.

Re: ACT! Premium and Google Apps Sync -HELP!

Hello Dan,
For the Outlook performance issues, have you applied the latest hot fix for ACT! 2012 SP1? This hot fix addresses Outlook issues when integrated with ACT!. See this Knowledgebase article:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2881...

For information on how to setup Google/Gmail information, please consult the ACT! Help files or see this Knowledgebase article:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2798...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

is there a number that I can call you directly so I'll make a huge mistake please?

My number is 865-539-1900. If we could spend 5 min. on the phone, it would help resolve this.

I read through the instructions that you sent three times but the version of accident I'm using is slightly different than the three options and I don't want to download service line if it is incorrect.

Thank you so much.

Dan,
Unfortunately, I am unavailable for a phone conference. But please be assured that the both the hot fix and the article on Google/Gmail integration apply directly to your version. I highly recommend installing the hot fix on your system as well as any other systems in your company using ACT! 2012, including the server hosting the main database.

Greig Hollister

this is the error I received when I downloaded SP1.