Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! Premium and Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools - notifications

ACT! Premium and Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools - notifications

Hello, we're using ACT! Premium V17.1 and Bitdefender GravityZone. I have problem with notifications about Firewall in BEST client. On computers where act! premium is installed we're getting permanent pop-up in right corner: "An application has opened a communication port on your system (..) ". I can turn off this pop-ups in control center policies but in BEST client the amount of notifications in history is still rising to about 4000 and it slowing down the system, please see the attached screenshot. Is there any option to get rid of notification about firewall opening port? Can I turn off this process: act.server.host.exe ?firewall_act.png

Administrator

Re: ACT! Premium and Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools - notifications

Hi Lukasz,

If the database is local to the machine, act.server.host.exe is required to run universal search and offline smart tasks. It is technically possible to use Act with this process stopped, but not really recommended, as these features would stop working.

Is it only port 59559 that it's seeing as opening repeatedly, or lots of different port numbers?

Hi Gary,

The database file is on shared storage area and is mapped as drive to computer.

Port 59559 is only for example every notification with process path has different port number.
Administrator

I'm not sure why the process would be opening all those different ports. It should only be port 8112 that the process needs to use.

Here's a couple articles that may help you troubleshoot this:
http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25125/
http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19420/