Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Premium Web Trial Install help.

ACT Premium Web Trial Install help.

Hi, hope someone hear can help me with my problems, I am trying a test install of Premium Web just to check to web access and have been having a fit getting it installed. First I am putting it on a desktop this will be a very light use program.

Specs:

quad core 2.83

6GB ram

Terabyte drive over 400GB free

Windows 7 Home Premium

Here are my problems and fixes so far:

1st: would not initial at all:

Set program to Vista sp2 mode;

turned on run as admin:

worked

2nd:  would crash during install:

Read in support docs to dump files and re-extract;

worked:

Installed fine:

3rd: Opened up and would not show option to create new database:

After many tries of repair deleted SQL install and reinstalled;

Worked;

4th: It now Brings up new database gives me the option to create, but share grayed out and when I hit ok to create it ask me to create the database. It then tells me the following message: Unable to create the database. There is an error connecting to the Microsoft SQL Server.

No solution so far;

I realize this is a home machine and the program does not list windows 7 as supported by the rep said should be fine.

I am testing this for someone else so can not put it on the actual machine it will go own, the problem is they need the web access and if that part does not work the program is no good to them.

Re: ACT Premium Web Trial Install help.

windows 7 64bit
Platinum Elite Contributor

turned off UAC did not help;
When it asked to convert to 32bit I said ok, how would I check to confirm that?

Next update:

4:A I tried turning on run program as admin, that fixed the grayed out share box. Still giving me the error message about " Unable to create the database. There is an error connecting to the Microsoft SQL Server." Also turned off UAC;

Thanks for your reply I completely install SQL and reinstalled with no effect. UAC is  off. I am at my whit's end.

However my windows 7 64 bit is home premium and I am going to up grade over the weekend to pro and see if that makes any difference. The program loads fine but will not let me open either the demo program or create a new database.

GLComputing wrote:

Try this ACT! Knowledge Base article -

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1940...

BTW: With UAC off, you shouldn't have an option to run as Administrator if you're logged correctly

Was anyone able to resolve this - I also am trying to install on a windows 7 Professional 64 bit machine and having a lot of trouble - I have unistalled both program and SQL several times to no avail - IIS is installed and configured - when try to create a new db program says SQL is not installed locally

Installed as Admin in compatibility mode for Vista

Would appreciate any guidance or hints

Thanks

No I have not been able to solve the problem, what version of Window 7 are you using?