Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! Premium Web 2013 Security Best Practice

Loyal Listener

ACT! Premium Web 2013 Security Best Practice

[ Edited ]

We have our ACT! database running on a SQL Server inside our corporate network. We'd like to give our salespeople access via ACT! Premium Web / Mobile. Normally we put our web servers in the DMZ of our network, but the ACT! Web impersonation account doesn't seem to work if it's not on the same domain as the SQL server.

What is the recommended configuration for sharing ACT! data outside the network without placing the SQL server in a vulnerable position?

Loyal Listener

Re: ACT! Premium Web 2013 Security Best Practice

Still hoping to get a response to my question. What is the best practice for deploying ACT! Web in a security-conscious environment?

Platinum Elite Contributor

There are a number of considerations for doing this...

I'm looking at putting together some training on areas like this for a new "club" as per: http://lnkd.in/XTpYPi
Loyal Listener

Thanks for the response. I'd be interested in participating in your group.

In the meantime can you point me toward any resources I might find useful in helping to understand the considerations and move toward a solution?

Were you able to find any documentation on setting up the web server in a DMZ?

Loyal Listener

No. I ended up putting the server on the internal network and using VPN to connect to it. It's not as convenient as I'd like since VPN connecitons on mobile devices take extra steps to establish and get disconnected when the device sleeps, but it was the best (only) solution I could come up with.

Thanks for your reply. It is frustrating that Sage doesn't seem to have a solution to have the web server in a DMZ.