Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! Premium V20.1 with Windows Server® 2016 Remote Desktop Services

Highlighted
Nickel Elite Contributor

ACT! Premium V20.1 with Windows Server® 2016 Remote Desktop Services

Hello,

How to configure and use
ACT! Premium V20.1 with Windows Server® 2016 Remote Desktop Services..?

Thanks

Juan Carlos Otero Garcia
juancarlosotero@protonmail.com
Highlighted
Copper Super Contributor

Re: ACT! Premium V20.1 with Windows Server® 2016 Remote Desktop Services

Create a database on the server then share it. 

Highlighted
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! Premium V20.1 with Windows Server® 2016 Remote Desktop Services

[ Edited ]

Thanks Richee, that you just mentioned is the most typical scenario...

1.png

In this type of typical implementation, the Server and the users' computers have Act! installed, except those who work for the web browser or its mobile devices

In the typical implementation are included those that connect to the database directly to the server through the local network, those that have a remote database and synchronize through the local network or through the internet, and those that work by WEB browser of computer or mobile device

What I am looking for is a type of implementation where Act is not required to be installed! on the users' computers (And it's not for the WEB Browser)

What I'm looking for is that users can connect via remote desktop to the server and that each user has the Act icon! on that remote desktop, and if possible, also have installed in this mode the Office with email accounts in Outlook. (even integration with any accounting system like SAGE 50)

2.png

This way users can work from a Windows computer, LINUX, MAC or any device that allows the connection via Remote Desktop

In this way, users in the local network or by internet from anywhere in the world can work directly in this server

In fact there is an article in the Act! knowledge base CLICK HERE - but I want to know if this procedure is valid or it stays for Windows server 2016 Standard for example

Anyway, thank you for your answer.

FIRMA.png

Juan Carlos Otero Garcia
juancarlosotero@protonmail.com