Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Premium V19 crash when emailing

Copper Contributor

ACT Premium V19 crash when emailing

Act Premium V19 was working great and then on Monday it began shutting down when we try to send an email using the email tab or the email link.  We use Outlook 2016 and have never had a problem.  Just downloaded the latest update thinking this might help but did not work.  Even tried uninstalling outlook and reinstalling.  Any ideas?  Also when i go to email set up in Act Preferences, it do not show any email program options.   Also the add in buttons in Outlook no longer attached emails to act contacts.  Ideas??

Re: ACT Premium V19 crash when emailing

I am having the same problem with Version 18.   There is a fix online SORT-OF -  Read this first. 

Office Version 16.08 is a recent update.  It's not compaitible with ACT email integration..  You have to roll back to 16.04.   There is a batch file in the knowledge base

http://kb.act.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38580/kw/38580   but BE CAREFUL. 

This batch file only works for single license environment.  I use ACT on Terminal Server and it overwrites my volume license with Office with a single license.  

Copper Contributor

Thanks for the reply. We are in a multiuser environment. We are experiencing this on two of four machines.
Copper Contributor

I just started experiencing the same problem.  Click on the email field to generate a new email, pauses for a few seconds, creates an Outlook email with the right email address but then a popup appears notifying to close the app.  I rebooted the laptop.  The problem is still occurring.   ugh...I was so happy to have finally gotten rid of the Red X crash problem...

Act! Premium Version 19.2.146.0

Outlook Office 365 version 1705 Build 8201.2101 Click to Run (all Microsoft upgrades installed)

New Dell XPS 15 4K, 32GB, 1TB SSD

Nickel Contributor m4y
Nickel Contributor

fritzjurg wrote:

Outlook Office 365 version 1705 Build 8201.2101 Click to Run (all Microsoft upgrades installed)

This is precisely your problem. You need to downgrade Office to previous update and disable temporarily the update. Follow the kb given by MS: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3178906

Xavier Nyssen

ACT! Certified Consultant @ Intuitis | Belgium
{ +32 64 45 08 00 | xavier@intuitis.be | http://intuitis.be }
Copper Contributor

How long will I need to temporarily disable the upgrade?  I like to keep all devices up to date with latest versions

Copper Contributor

Thanks it worked!   Act add in (in outlook) do not create history in act but we are one step closer to what we need.