Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Premium Crashing when copying e-mail address from the field

Tuned Listener

ACT Premium Crashing when copying e-mail address from the field

Hello all, 

I have been hearing from a few users of our db that ACT is crashing when they go to highlight and copy an e-mail adress within the default e-mail field. 

I do not see this issue at all from my PC, was simply wondering if somebody has had any experience of this and what a solution might be

Thanks

StuartMcMinigal

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT Premium Crashing when copying e-mail address from the field

[ Edited ]

Hello Stuart,
What version/build of ACT! are you using (from Help > About ACT!)? Also, when you say ACT! is crashing, what exactly happens? Is there an error message presented or one in the Windows event logs? Also, does the crash occur if copying from any other email field besides the primary one?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Tuned Listener

Re: ACT Premium Crashing when copying e-mail address from the field

It is 'Sage ACT! Premium 2013 Version 15.0.301.0, Hot Fix 2'

By crashing, I mean it simply says this program has encountered a problem - one button to 'close this program'.

We don't use any other email fields, simply the primary one in the main area of our layouts.

I have not come across this using my PC, which is relatively new not sure if it is something to do with that - but it is quite annoying for the users when it stops working and crashes as they highlight an e-mail and address and then either ctrl+c or right click and copy.

Thanks for your help
Stuart