Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Premium :: Contact List >> Column filter Not working

Highlighted

Re: ACT Premium :: Contact List >> Column filter Not working

[ Edited ]

Deleting fields from primary table will not moving existing fields to it.  If you create a new field, it will be assigned to the primary table.  The workaround is to delete unused fields from the primary table and then create new fields that you frequently sort by and copy your existing data to the new fields.

Another workaround is to rollback to 11.0 (only if you have a backup prior to upgrading to 11.1).

We are currently working a fix and hopefully it will be released soon.  At this time I do not have a date on which it will be released.

Message Edited by dlunceford on 04-08-2009 07:18 PM
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Thank you for the suggestions David but they are not viable for my business.  I already removed all my unused fields and I can't remove any more without negatively impacting my business.  By my math, we only have about 100 fields left in the test database I mentioned and I don't know how many other businesses use, but I don't consider 100 fields excessive.

Also, our last pre-upgrade backup was two weekends ago and we cannot lose two weeks of work.  If I had known about this issue prior to upgrading, I would have stuck with my previous problems and not bothered.  Shame on me for installing a service pack the week it comes out, I should have known better.  What bothers me most is that we didn't have problems with our old version and spent thousands to upgrade to a product that has been problematic since day one.  I know you can't help this David, I'm venting publicly so other people could possibly learn from our error.

If anyone else is thinking of upgrading to 11.1, I'd advise you to make a backup of your database, do a "Restore As" and create a new test database, upgrade one unused machine to the new version and upgrade the Restored database.  Or just stick with what works, I wish I did.

Highlighted

Hello,

Hotfix 1 has been released to address this issue.  You can find more information in the knowledgebase article linked below.

How to Download and Apply the ACT! by Sage 2009 (11.1) Hot Fix 1

Highlighted
Avid Listener

Hi all!

I have the same problem in ACT! and when I tried to apply hotfix, I got error message "Hotfix failed to apply". Anybody knows what does it mean??

thanks in advance

Highlighted
Avid Listener

Does anybody can help me with my problem?? Any ideas?? I have a XP, SQL Server Standart Edition and ACT! 2009 for Premium. Could I anywhere look why hotfix installs failed?
Highlighted

Hello Bigton,

I just want to make sure that you're currently on 11.1.  Can you verify by going to Help > About ACT!?  If you're not on 11.1, please apply the 11.1 update that will already include the hot fix. 

Please send me a private message if you're already on 11.1.

Thanks,

Highlighted
Avid Listener

[ Edited ]

Hello David.

I 've sent you a private message with my ACT! version  number

Message Edited by Bigton on 06-19-2009 12:23 AM
Highlighted
Avid Listener

David, hello!

Did you get my private message?

Highlighted

I did and replied back on 6/19.

Please check your private messages.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Bigton, can you please update this thread after you apply the hotfix to confirm it resolved the problem, and didn't cause new ones?  I would appreciate it.  Smiley Happy