Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Premium :: Contact List >> Column filter Not working

ACT Premium :: Contact List >> Column filter Not working

I am trying to filter a column in the contact list which gives me an error "NO MORE RECORDS MATCH THE SEARCH CRITERIA, THE ALL LOOK UP WILL BE RESTORED", whereas other columns can be filtered. This column field is not the default ones, and is the one of the newly created fields.

Nothing happens even if I press OK to above message, the ACT virtually freezes and I have close it from Task Manager then restart it.

Please help.

Re: ACT Premium :: Contact List >> Column filter Not working

Is this a custom field that you created?  Try running database maintenance.

Database Rebuild and Repair Procedures

When we perform a lookup by example and click a specific header to sort a column a couple of times, we get the same screen that forces us to quit.

The message is "no more records match the search criteria; the ALL lookup will be restored.

This is the first time we have received this error (we perform lookus this way on a daily basis). 

We did install 11.1 SP this morning.  Thoughts?

Could you please provide more details.  I would like to see if this is an issue with the update or not.  So far I haven't been able to reproduce.  I did a lookup by example for title and was able to sort the contact list multiple times without an issue.  Do you have custom columns in the contact list? Does this only happen on certain fields?

A couple things you could try is testing within a different database and resetting your columns if you've customized them.

Thanks David,

The issue seems to happen when sorting / filtering columns in a lookup that are newly added fields....these are the same fields that were not visible during an import prior to the 11.1 Service Pack.

We have several databases and this is the case with all of them....so you should be able to recreate it.

I can email you screen shots if you would like.  Let me know.

Thanks

Thank you.  I will look into the issue further and follow-up if I find anything new.

I've got a client having this exact same issue, same error message, just after installing the update as well. Has there been anything further that may not have been posted in this thread yet?

Thanks!

-Rob

I have reported it as an issue for further research. I will provide an update if the status changes or if an alternative workaround to this issue is identified.

I apologize for any inconvenience this issue may cause. 

Copper Contributor

I have the same issue.  We have many custom fields in this "spillover table".  I was advised by a Sage support person to consider removing fields that are unused to decrease the number of custom fields.  I ran a report (see this KB topic: ACT KB #24244   ) and then went about doing lookups on the fields that say "Low column usage, review need".  If they weren't used much anymore, or at all, I removed them.  I went from 144 custom fields to 68.  I also shortened the character length on all fields that had "consider shortening column length to xxx".

Unfortunately, in the end, it did not resolve the issue.  I run maintenance and backups every night, have 16,000 contacts and rely heavily on the custom fields.  We upgraded to resolve an issue with the email attach feature causing freezing and traded that problem with this one.

I think it's good to maintain the database and not have extraneous data in there, but I'm really looking for this resolution asap!

Copper Contributor

In case anyone else is reading this, I thought I would update.

I made a copy of my database and removed 54 out of the 68 fields in the custom table.  Still having the same issue.  So it appears the 'workaround' of removing extraneous fields is a waste of time.