04-11-2013 09:38 AM
Like said in subject, one user on one computer has this issue. Cannot be recreated on other users or machines.
User is using Windows 8 remotely. Can double click on any History without attachments and can edit them just fine. If they try to double click on a History that has an attachment, regardless of type it will crash with object exception error.
Have tried updating the database to the newest version, any other suggestions?
04-12-2013 06:18 AM
Welcome to the ACT! Community!
Can you provide additional information about your issue:
- Are they accessing a shared database through a web browser or installed ACT!? Or is this a remote database?
- If accessing through a web browser, which browser and version? Are other users using the same browser?
- If you sign into the database using a different user name, from the 'problem' computer - does the same thing happen?
- If you sign into the database using the 'problem' user name, from a different computer - does the same thing happen?
- Have you checked the Windows Event Viewer for any additional errors?
- Since this is a Windows 8 machine, have you tried disabling UAC?
04-12-2013 10:30 AM
There is a server in our office that hosts the database file and they connect to it that way, each user has ACT installed on their individual system but not the database itself, it is on a server.
It happens if using a different username on the same computer.
It does NOT happen is using the same user on a differnet computer.
The issue follows the original system not the user.
UAC is disabled by default the moment I build a new machine.
04-12-2013 11:27 AM
04-12-2013 11:30 AM - edited 04-12-2013 11:42 AM
Yep, done all those as well.
[ Name] Application Error
- EventID 1000
[ Qualifiers] 0
[ SystemTime] 2013-04-12T18:35:16.000000000Z
C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\Act for Windows\ActSage.exe
04-12-2013 12:28 PM
04-12-2013 12:32 PM - edited 04-12-2013 12:38 PM
There is one other Windows 8 system, the server itself is 8.
Checked the logs on the server, nothing that matches the timestamps anywhere near when these issues are happening on the users computer.
I guess i will attempt another reinstall and see if that helps. I'll have to do that on Monday most likely or later in the afternoon.
04-15-2013 08:46 AM