Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! Premium 2012 not Recognizing Office 2010

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

ACT! Premium 2012 not Recognizing Office 2010

Running ACT! Premium 2012 with Office 2010 32-Bit Version (previously running with Office 2003 with no issues), Windows 7

Recently updated Office from 2003 to 2010 and it is not functioning in ACT! correctly. Have tried many fixes listed in the forums and have not found the correct answer - even here: http://kb.swiftpage.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28640/~/export-to-excel-icon-is-grayed-out-in-sage-a...

The Add-Ins for Outlook function as expected (icons and tab are shown and prompts come up when clicked) and everything else appears to be set correctly as per other suggestions but the "Export to Excel" button is greyed out & under 'Tools > Synchronize with Outlook' is also greyed out. Have tried everything listed in the post above and other things from other answers to no avail. 

I have uninstalled both, completely, and started with fresh installs - still not working. We use this functionality so it is imperative that it works properly. (Note: the export wizard from the edit menu will export to a .csv file, but this method is cumbersome and not utilized regularly). I feel like I'm missing something simple.

Here are a couple of screen shots to show it better:

Showing that Outlook has correctly installed the Add-Ins

Outlook 2010 ACT! Add-Ins.jpg

Showing the Excel Button:

ACT! No Excel Export.jpg

Showing Sync with Outlook Not Available:

ACT! No Sync with Outlook.jpg

Any suggestions?

Thanks! JP

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author jpower
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! Premium 2012 not Recognizing Office 2010

Hi, 

I did see this at a customer, and in that case we found that Office2003 was still installed. the customer only updated, he did not uninstall office2003. at the end of the day, he received a special uninstaller from Microsoft, and had to uninstall the office2010, and the parts from office 2003, when this was done, he could install office2010, then install act, act then found the right office version and the integration did work.

you should check if you still find peaces of office2003. looking at all the time he spent, the faster way is to rebuild the pc.

regards

Ingo Lange

ACC since 1995
Developer of Addons for ACT

CrmAddon Factory
+1 203 541 0040

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author jpower
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Elite Contributor

Hi, 

I did see this at a customer, and in that case we found that Office2003 was still installed. the customer only updated, he did not uninstall office2003. at the end of the day, he received a special uninstaller from Microsoft, and had to uninstall the office2010, and the parts from office 2003, when this was done, he could install office2010, then install act, act then found the right office version and the integration did work.

you should check if you still find peaces of office2003. looking at all the time he spent, the faster way is to rebuild the pc.

regards

Ingo Lange

ACC since 1995
Developer of Addons for ACT

CrmAddon Factory
+1 203 541 0040

[ Edited ]

That was EXACTLY ths issue! 

Thank you so much! 

For everyone else, here is the Office 2003 Editions Resource Kit (do a CTRL + F for Ork.exe) http://www.microsoft.com/office/orkarchive/2003ddl.htm

Flawless VICTORY!

Smiley Very Happy