Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Premium 2012 - Synchronize Calendar with Outlook - deletes ACT Activities

ACT Premium 2012 - Synchronize Calendar with Outlook - deletes ACT Activities

We have converted to ACT 2012 Premium. Users want to Synchronize their ACT Calendar with outlook. The Sync works okay, until they delete the activity in Outlook. After deleting the Outlook calendar activity, it also deletes it in ACT's Calendar. Is this normal for ACT or is this a bug?

Users are telling me that the ACT Calendar Activity should not be deleted?

Their preferences are set to Keep the Sage ACT Activity if the Activity has been updated in ACT and Outlook.

I have been testing this and it does delete the ACT Activity. From a Tech perspective when you say Sync, it appears to me that ACT is functioning properly.

Mike

SNB

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT Premium 2012 - Synchronize Calendar with Outlook - deletes ACT Activities

Hello Mike,
This is functioning as designed. Synced activities will be deleted from ACT! if deleted from Outlook and vice-verse. This is the nature of synchronization, as it is a two-way process.

To clarify, the preference to "Keep the Sage ACT! Activity" (or Outlook) means that if a change (not deletion) is made to the same activity on both sides, that the ACT! changes will win (or Outlook if you chose that preference).

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Re: ACT Premium 2012 - Synchronize Calendar with Outlook - deletes ACT Activities

Thanks Greig