Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! Premium 2012-Install Freezes at Finalizing Installation

Loyal Listener

ACT! Premium 2012-Install Freezes at Finalizing Installation

I have installed ACT! Premium 2012 on multiple workstations.  Today for some reason the install freezes at Finalizing Installation. The only thing I can do is a hard shutdown. Subsequently the shortcuts are not created. I am not sure if anything else is affected.

I am wondering why after installing a dozen times without issue this is suddenly happening? The workstations are all the same: Windows 7, 64-bit.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? Will I need to un-install and reinstall on those workstations?

Lori

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! Premium 2012-Install Freezes at Finalizing Installation

Hello Lori,
Please see if the information in the following Knowledgebase article helps to resolve this issue:
http://kb.Sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/Sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2876...

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Loyal Listener

Greg,

I have not been able to test your suggestion. After uninstalling ACT!, the reinstall finished without any issue.

I will keep this in mind though if it happens again.

Thanks for the help.

Lori

Copper Contributor

I am having the same problem installing act! 16.  However, no outlook-act processes running.

Tom Najemy
Squad 16 Consulting
860-758-7250
tomn@squad16.com
Loyal Listener

Tom,

The only way I have been able to resolve the issue is to unintall act using the ACT! Uninstall utility. Then try the install again.

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19338/~/how-to-use-the-act!-uninstaller.exe...

Hope this helps.

Lori