Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! Premium 2011 crashes outlook 2010 when accepting meeting invite

ACT! Premium 2011 crashes outlook 2010 when accepting meeting invite

I just installed ACT! Premium 2011 on new PC with Office 2010 Running Windows 7 Professional.  I was able to move my database from my old PC  which was using ACT! Premium 2010.  I set up the email with outlook and it seems to work most of the time, although outlook is very slow.  Outlook completely freezes up when I accept a meeting invite.  I have ACT! set to accept the meeting with the pop up window because in my previous version not all meetings would show up in my ACT! Calendar it I just accepted them with outlook.  I have not turned on the syncing yet because I am afraid of duplicates.  I am using Kapersky and read that this could be the problem but I can't find the article in the knowledgebase.   Any Ideas?  ThanksSmiley Happy

Re: ACT! Premium 2011 crashes outlook 2010 when accepting meeting invite

I just tried closing the ACT! pop up and accepting the meeting through outlook and it still froze up.  I also tried disabling Kapersky mail virus scan and it still frozeSmiley Sad

Have the same exact issue...any solutions?

I could not get an answer, so i uninstalled ACT! and switched to Outlook Business Contact Manager.  It was a free download from microsoft if you have Office Pro 2010 and have had Office Pro 2003 or 2007 in the past.  It works perfectly.  I did have to learn a whole new system, but it seems to do most of what ACT! does.

thanks; bummer ACT couldn't respond

I ended up hating MS Business Contact Manager, So I reinstalled ACT Premium 2011 with the current Hot fixes and no more crashes!  Everything worksSmiley Happy

Astute Commentator

thanks for the update. worth noting since i am going to upgrade from act 2008 to act 2011 prem with outlook.