Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Premium 2011 and Outlook Contact Sync

ACT Premium 2011 and Outlook Contact Sync

Hi,

We would like to ask for a few questions regarding the setup that we want to achieve.

We've seen this new feature of ACT Premium 2011 about syncing ACT contactst to Outlook Contacts. We just made some test with this new feature and the syncing of ACT to Outlook contacts went ok and no error messages like the ones encountered by other members of this forum.

But we found some problem with the datas that was synced from ACT to Outlook contacts.

Some fields are not populated properly when the contacts are synced to Outlook.

It seems that the default layout/fields that's being used by the Outlook Contacts Sync feature are just the ones on the Basic Layout.

Is there a way we can use our customed layout other than the Basic Layout(s) to populate the fields on Outlook when the contacts are sync?

For example, the phone field, can we use other phone field and not the ones that are on the Basic Layout?

Please let us know how is this done or if this is possible.

Any help and suggestions will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Re: ACT Premium 2011 and Outlook Contact Sync

We are using a multi-user environment, so I'm not sure if the process I describe below will be helpful:

1. We export a "text delimited" file with the contact records and save it as a *.csv file.

2. We created a field map to map our custom Act!  fields to the appropriate Outlook contact fields. This way, you only have to map the Act! fields you want to pull from Act!  to Outlook once, then use the "Load Map" function in step 5 of 6 in the Act! Export Wizard.

3. From inside Outlook, we use the File\Import wizard then chose "Map Custom Fields" so that the fields we exported from Act! will go where we want them to in Outlook.

It is a litle clunky at first, but one you've done it a few times, it's pretty simple.

It sounds like you are advising not to use the act / outlook synch and to set it up manually.  Is this correct?  I just want to make sure my notes in act sync back to outlook or google if that is possible.  it would be great to get catagories to sync as well but I can change that on a one off as I have ipmorted all contacts and mapped the catagories to id/status already.

I know this is from 6 years ago, but just wondering if you ended up using this method/if it was helpful?