Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! Premium 2011 & Outlook 2007 Database Synch Problems

ACT! Premium 2011 & Outlook 2007 Database Synch Problems

I'm hoping someone can help me. Presently I have ACT! Premium 2011 that is supposed to be synching my contacts/info with my Outlook 2007 files. However, like many others out there I have multiple Outlook contact files. For whatever reason I cannot get ACT! to synch with the "Correct" Outlook database that I want it to. How can I get my ACT! to synchronize with the Outlook file that I want. Below, I've tried to explain the problem a little better. Any help would be appreciated.

I have (3) contact files in my Outlook now; (Contacts, Main Contacts List, MS-OLK-AllContactItems)

Right now when my ACT! goes to synch, it references/synchs with my Contacts file. I really need it to be synching with my Main Contacts List file instead.

How can I get this preference changed?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! Premium 2011 & Outlook 2007 Database Synch Problems

[ Edited ]

Hello ck48,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. The ACT! Contact Sync will only sync to the contacts in Outlook's main Contact folder. It cannot sync to any subfolders within the Contacts folder or any additional contact folders in Outlook.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Greig, if that's the case, is there any way to get  my Main Contacts List as the "Default" for my Outlook contacts?

I'm honestly not sure that would help, but you can try. Although I don't see a way to do that in Outlook. The only way I know of to get those contacts to sync would be to copy them into the main Outlook Contacts folder.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.