Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Premium 2011 Web Access Problems

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

ACT Premium 2011 Web Access Problems

[ Edited ]

Our office recently upgraded to ACT 2011 and each work station is now accessing the database via Web Access. There are several problems I am having.

1. When viewing my contacts in list view, clicking on "Customize Columns" brings up the web box but it is incomplete. I am unable to see the current fields nor are there any buttons that allow fields to be moved to the left or the right. I have changed all the settings in Internet Explorer but I still have problems. When accessing ACT from Firefox, I do not have this problem. But when using Firefox, all the options under the "Write" tab are grey and I cannot any type of mail merge except e-mail.

2. While attempting to write a document from a custom template, only some of the templates work. Others, there is no type of response. Some, the browser looks like it is working but nothing happens.

3. Company Summary reports and reports similiar to this, are no longer in PDF format. What is the best way to save this type report since it is in a browser?

Our company decided to upgrade on a Thursday instead of a Saturday. Big Mistake and now I'm paying for it. Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks

Shawn

* Edit - I've also tried with Google Chrome and it has the same results as Firefox. The edit columns window works fine but I cannot write any templates.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author shawnyu80
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: ACT Premium 2011 Web Access Problems

[ Edited ]

Thanks CamWells.

1. We tried both of those suggestions with IE and for some reason, it doesn't want to work.  I had a similar issue with another web-based application in which Firefox/Chrome would work but the IE wouldn't. I have added the site to trusted sites and basically gave it any permission it needed but it didn't work. I'll just have to keeping playing with it.

2. The templates issue has been resolved. For some reason, only some of the fields wouldn't link to the associated document. Once all the ACT fields in the template were deleted and reinserted, the template worked fine.

3. We will try cute PDF. I guess that is the best solution to this issue.

4. =(

One more issue: It seems with the web version when I print documents, it doesn't give me the option to create a history when printining. Is this feature still available on the web version?

Admin: Most of my issues have been resolved but the problem with the IE is something I still need help on. Could you leave this as unresolved until we can figure out the issue with IE? Thanks

-Shawn

View solution in original post

All Replies
Copper Contributor

1) What version of IE? IE8 - try compatibility view. IE7 - Upgrade to IE8 and try it

2) Web templates in 2010 were in a different format than normal ACT templates, not sure if it's the same in 2011, but you may have to recreate the templates through the web interface. 

3) Try CutePDF and just print it like you would to a printer, but it saves to your machine as a PDF. http://www.cutepdf.com/

4) Always do upgrades on 3 or 4 day weekends! ;-) (I know you already know that, but I spent a week during Christmas last year trying to upgrade ACT because the upgrade process killed the database!)

Solution
Accepted by topic author shawnyu80
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks CamWells.

1. We tried both of those suggestions with IE and for some reason, it doesn't want to work.  I had a similar issue with another web-based application in which Firefox/Chrome would work but the IE wouldn't. I have added the site to trusted sites and basically gave it any permission it needed but it didn't work. I'll just have to keeping playing with it.

2. The templates issue has been resolved. For some reason, only some of the fields wouldn't link to the associated document. Once all the ACT fields in the template were deleted and reinserted, the template worked fine.

3. We will try cute PDF. I guess that is the best solution to this issue.

4. =(

One more issue: It seems with the web version when I print documents, it doesn't give me the option to create a history when printining. Is this feature still available on the web version?

Admin: Most of my issues have been resolved but the problem with the IE is something I still need help on. Could you leave this as unresolved until we can figure out the issue with IE? Thanks

-Shawn

Employee

I just saw an issue with IE8 with the column issue, Fire Fox worked fine.

We just updated to ACT Premium 2011 Web and we are having the same problem.  I have tried IE, Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari with no luck.  I am able to customize the columns, but then the Write function is not active.  Has anyone been able to fix this?

Copper Contributor

1.  I'm not having problems in IE8 or Chrome in terms of the Customize Columns.  As for the options under the "Write" tab, I believe those only work using IE8 and when you have Office installed as well as the software tie between Act! for Web and Office (can't remember what they call it now).  If I recall it uses ActiveX and therefore is only available using IE. 
2.  Again, this is working for me in IE8. 
3.  I concur with the CutePDF installation. 

shawnyu80 wrote:

Our office recently upgraded to ACT 2011 and each work station is now accessing the database via Web Access. There are several problems I am having.

1. When viewing my contacts in list view, clicking on "Customize Columns" brings up the web box but it is incomplete. I am unable to see the current fields nor are there any buttons that allow fields to be moved to the left or the right. I have changed all the settings in Internet Explorer but I still have problems. When accessing ACT from Firefox, I do not have this problem. But when using Firefox, all the options under the "Write" tab are grey and I cannot any type of mail merge except e-mail.

2. While attempting to write a document from a custom template, only some of the templates work. Others, there is no type of response. Some, the browser looks like it is working but nothing happens.

3. Company Summary reports and reports similiar to this, are no longer in PDF format. What is the best way to save this type report since it is in a browser?

Our company decided to upgrade on a Thursday instead of a Saturday. Big Mistake and now I'm paying for it. Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks

Shawn

* Edit - I've also tried with Google Chrome and it has the same results as Firefox. The edit columns window works fine but I cannot write any templates.

I am also having a problem with ACT Premiun Web 2011 - I am not able to get reports from all of the computers accessing the database.   I go to print the "Contact Report" and the report opens but it is blank - it does not transfer over the data - I just get a report with a header and footer.   Any ideas?