Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Premium 2011 - Email Attachments (.PDFs, .JPGs) Not Attaching to Contact

ACT Premium 2011 - Email Attachments (.PDFs, .JPGs) Not Attaching to Contact

We are using ACT Premium 2011 Vers. 13.0.401.0, Hot Fix 2 & Outlook 2010 as our email client. I set up the Outlook rule so incoming emails are automatically attached to the respective contact record in ACT. I have no problem with emails themselves attaching to the ACT contacts. However, if I send or receive an email with an attachment (picture, PDF, Excel sheet, etc.), the attachment itself will not attach to the contact record as a document; only the email attaches to the contact without the file.  If in Outlook I save the attachment (e.g. a PDF) somewhere to my computer, I can manually add it as a document to the correct ACT contact, but I want these attachments to be attached to the correct ACT contact automatically.  Any thoughts?

Platinum Super Contributor

Re: ACT Premium 2011 - Email Attachments (.PDFs, .JPGs) Not Attaching to Contact

Hello Smithn9,

Be sure to check your email system settings (Tools > Preferences > Email tab > go through Email system setup steps).  Look at the options for recording history and ensure they are set to record 'Email Subject, Message and All Attachments'.  Here is an article with further instructions: KB Article 26832

Greg Martin
Sage

Re: ACT Premium 2011 - Email Attachments (.PDFs, .JPGs) Not Attaching to Contact

Greg - Thanks for the reply. I was able to figure out what you directed me to do (recording "Email Subject, Message, & All Attachments").  However, with this enabled, it converts every email to an attachment as well, so emails can't be viewed without opening the .msg file itself.  Is there any way for the emails to attach to a contact like normal (where they can quickly be viewed in the window at bottom right) AND have it pick up files as attachments, or is this not possible?  Thanks - Nate

Platinum Super Contributor

Hey Nate,

Unfortunately, there isn't an option that will show the text of the email while including the attachments. 

Greg Martin
Sage
Nickel Super Contributor

There is an addon at actaddons.eu (eMailConnect) that can be configured to "paste" the text of the email in the history, and create a shortcut to the email (and its attachments) which is filed in a folder that you choose.

Rita Kogstad
RKA Associates
Stamford, CT