Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! Premium 2010 version 12.0 - new Router installed - failed to access database

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

ACT! Premium 2010 version 12.0 - new Router installed - failed to access database

Hello,

My home router's (Linksys E3000) wireless was failing so installed a new linksys E4200 to replace it.  I copied the settings I felt needed to be transfered and set up the new router.  When I log into work through the new router using the same vpn (watchguard) that I used before - I get an error when I try to open my usual ACT! database:

"The database could not be accessed. In order to access this database, check your network connection and verify that your database server is available.  It may be necessary to disable andy firewall software on you computer or the server."

I get connected to work fine.  I can "see" the database, I can go into the folder where it is located and see it (mapped drive is still working).  I can use my Outlook connection fine (not connected to ACT! database email though) - I can email and get email.  Everything else seems to work fine.  I reverted back to my old router (E3000) and though it has intermitent wireless (Why i got a new one) - It still works 100% in opening the ACT! databse.  Any idea why this happening? - I need to have wireless access around the house for other reasons.  (hense the new router).  HELP!  I'll try and supply an additional information if it will help.  Just let me know.  Thanks in advance for the help!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: ACT! Premium 2010 version 12.0 - new Router installed - failed to access database

Hey,

I found my solution! - The changing of the host name to the actual IP address fixed it!

I had tried it earlier but I missed something and changed the worng item.  Second time was the charm!.

This fourm really helped me!

Thanks.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Re: ACT! Premium 2010 version 12.0 - new Router installed - failed to access database

Hey,

I found my solution! - The changing of the host name to the actual IP address fixed it!

I had tried it earlier but I missed something and changed the worng item.  Second time was the charm!.

This fourm really helped me!

Thanks.