Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Premium 2010 remote database sync error

ACT Premium 2010 remote database sync error

All of the sudden my remote computer is getting this error when trying to sync to the database.  Here is the message.

"Synchronization has failed. Value of '-10' is not valid for 'Maximum'. 'Maximum' must be greater than or equal to 0.
Parameter name: Maximum Contact your administrator for assistance. "

I did find this link and tried both options listed here but that did not help.  Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: ACT Premium 2010 remote database sync error

Did you try rebuilding your ACT! preferences?  Not sure if that is one of the things you tried.

Kris Lock
Inside Sales Manager/ACT! Certified Consultant
Technology Transfer Services
www.techtransfer.com
www.myodesie.com
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT Premium 2010 remote database sync error

Hello evileyejoe,
For instructions on rebuilding your ACT! preferences, see this Knowledgebase article:
http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1477...

It would be best to use the manual method described in the bottom half of the article.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

ACT! 2010 Version 12 - Remote Sync Error

I am experiencing the "Maximum must be greater than or equal to 0" error when I try to sync my remote database. I am using ACT 2010 Version 12 and my operating system is Windows 7. I rebuilt the preferences file (using the non-manual approach), and that did not correct the problem. Before I proceed with manually rebuillding the preferences file or reinstalling the ACT7 Instance in SQL, I wanted to try to confirm that the instructions in Knowledge Base Article 26072 are the most current available for this problem and my configuration. If someone can confirm this for me, I would appreciate it.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! 2010 Version 12 - Remote Sync Error

[ Edited ]

Yes, these are the most current steps for this issue. Manually rebuild the preferences by renaming or deleting the "ACT for Windows 12" folder in your "AppData" directory. If have any other "ACT for Windows (version#) folders in there, then delete them. Before doing this, close ACT! and all MS Office applications, and go into your Task Manager, then the Processes tab, and end any process starting with "Act." or "Sage". It is also a good idea to reboot your machine (before reopening ACT!) after you delete the preferences folder.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thank you, Greig. I'll give it a try and let you know which approach solves the problem..

Greig - Manually rebuilding the preferences fixed the sync function. Then it was a bit of a challenge to get the actual databases in sync. I had to create another new remote database (I had created one earlier in the day thinking that alone might solve the problem).Restoring the second new remote database did the trick. Again, thank you for your help.