Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Premium 2010 Conflicts with Outlook

ACT Premium 2010 Conflicts with Outlook

I have just installed act 2010 with up to date hot fix onto acer 64 bit PC'c running windows 7 ultimate also 64 bit.

The issue is when I close Outlook office 2007 ( doesnt matter if act is open or not) the outlook icon on bottom task bar " greys out" and will not release outlook to restart again.

The only solution is to

1. control alt delete and go to task manager  and stop three active act exe processes

or

2. Log in and out to the domain

The other thing it can cause its freezing the screen on outlook

Kind Reagrds

David

Re: ACT Premium 2010 Conflicts with Outlook

update - I just ran a 2nd OS on my system with a barebones software in 32 bit!! ( thought it was 64 bit casuing conflict)

Office 2007

Kapersky 2010

and still got the same problems - email freezes, wont update act via put look or freezes when  it does

Anyone can help please

David

I am having the same problem with Act Pro 2011 and Outlook 2007

Platinum Super Contributor

The Outlook task remaining active after closing Outlook is usually caused by a conflict with add-ins.  To determine which add-in is conflicting with the Act! add-in, you can disable all add-ins to test and then re-add them individually until the particular add-in is found (you can then leave it disabled). 

We have seen the iTunes add-on as a common conflict. 

You can also try using the Outlook 'File > Exit' option instead of clicking on the X button to close.

Greg Martin
Sage