Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! Premium 2009 & Outlook 2007 Configuration

Loyal Listener

ACT! Premium 2009 & Outlook 2007 Configuration

Hello all...I had to reformat my computer so I had to reinstall both Microsoft Office 2007 (Outlook 2007) & ACT! (I even did a manual reinstall & reinstalled Outlook 2007 as well) & everytime I have the Outlook 2007 configured with ACT! and when I start Outlook 2007, at the very beginning it says "The ACT! Address Book is not properly configured, or the configured database "databasename".pad is locked. Do you want to configure it now?"

Every time I click on yes, then it automatically freezes. If I click no and go to the address book section's in Outlook, then it automatically freezes when I select the Act! Address Book and click on edit...basically I am currently not able to automatically attach my client's emails to ACT! and I have to convert them to PDF and attach them manually...

Does anyone know what can be done with this?? I even had used the ACT! Clean Uninstaller utility. One other side note... If I use a 3rd party software for synchronization for PPC, I don't install the ACT! PPC software correct? I am unable to some reason to install it correctly as when I do attempt to install it, it does not let me select my database and a pop-up box opens up (an empty pop-up box) with an exclamation mark....but otherwise, I again thank you all for reading this and again thank you in advance for your response in this matter...

Tuned Listener

Re: ACT! Premium 2009 & Outlook 2007 Configuration

It means that the SQL database instance has not started.  Click on Start then Run enter services.msc and click OK.  Scroll down to SQL Server (ACT7) and click on it to highlight.  The space in the Status column is probably blank.  Click on Start in the left corner.  Once started you should be OK.
Repsectfully,

Charles "Carl" Volz
904-278-6235
volzconsulting@bellsouth.net
Loyal Listener

Thank you so much for your swift reply. I did exactly as you said in your reply to me....and the instance is actually already "started" (the SQL(Act) instance)....do you know what else it can possibly be? Again thanks so much for your diligence and I appreciate your help. Smiley Happy
Loyal Listener

thx again for anyone who can hopefully help me out with this..

Loyal Listener

Sorry for my impatience but just wanted to see if anyone had any hope in helping me resolve this? Thank you once again. Smiley Happy