Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Premium 2008 tabs disappeared

ACT Premium 2008 tabs disappeared

While designing a layout, after saving and exiting the layout when I went back to the contacts view, all my tabs are missing.  They are there while designing the layout, but are gone on the contact view.

HELP!!! 

Re: ACT Premium 2008 tabs disappeared

Also tried to resolve based on answer to this problem in an old version and didn't work!

Anyone??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Platinum Elite Contributor

My DPI setting was correct, and I already tried the second issue.  Guess I need to call the help center.  AARRGGHH. I must say ACT2000 was much easier and a lot less problems.
Nickel Elite Contributor

Have you tired checking other layouts to make sure that the tabs are visible there? If they are missing there then my best guess is that there is a problem with he ACT! program and you may need to do an uninstall/reinstall of the ACT! program. If they do show on other layout , you might try going into the editor and moving the divider bar, resave and see if that helps. Something else to check, you can display the tab bar at the top of the tab portion of the layout or at the bottom as they were displayed in ACT! 6. If you have elected to display the tabs at the bottom of the window and you are not showing ACT! in a full screen, the tabs may be hidden at the bottom of the Window.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com

I have checked other layouts and they are there.  It is only this one database and layout.  I have tried to change them from top to bottom and back again and it still isn't working.  I have also moved the divider no luck.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Sounds like the layout was corrupted... restore the CLY from a backup or rebuild it

If the layout is corrupted, why do the tabs show when I am in the layout designer?????

[ Edited ]
And how can I start over with the layout without losing the database???  I have tried saving a copy of database, still having the layout problem.   Nevermind, that wouldn't really help me as all the work I have done has been the layout.

Message Edited by scouturier on 03-24-2008 12:09 PM

Message Edited by scouturier on 03-24-2008 12:24 PM