Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Premium 2006 - Contact field is filled out, not BLANK.

ACT Premium 2006 - Contact field is filled out, not BLANK.

Hello Sage Community,

One of my customers is having a strange problem with ACT Premium 2006. When she opens ACT and her database, the contact field is filled out with some customer's information, and she stated that it is supposed to be BLANK, so you can choose the right contact.

Has anyone come across this issue before? Can somebody assist me with this issue?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Carlos

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT Premium 2006 - Contact field is filled out, not BLANK.

It should be filled out with the user's information.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

She stated that it should be blank. Anyways... is there any way I can change those settings to either show it blank or show the user's info?

Thanks for your help !!

Employee

So long as we are opening to the contact detail view, the first contact you will see will be your MyRecord (the user you are logged in as) account. This record is linked to the user so changes made to this contact will be reflected on the users info.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator
Bronze Elite Contributor

I had the same problem with a client. Of course the users record should have their own details in it for all sorts of reasons and should never be left blank. What I found was that other users on the network finding an empty record would simply put a clients details in it and then the next time the user opened ACT they would complain just as yours is. Looks like a training issue.

I called my client back yesterday. She stated that the issue had gone away and everything was working properly. Thank you for all your help. I appreciate it very much !!!