Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Prem for Web 2012 - Custom Layouts won't migrate to web

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

ACT Prem for Web 2012 - Custom Layouts won't migrate to web

I have logged into ACT! premium for Web version 2012, into the desktop client as administrator and can see the custom layouts that have been imported from act 2011. I can select these on the desktop version and they display properly.  However when I go into the web view, via the browser I only see three options for layouts:  2 basic contact layouts for 1024 X 768 and and one for a basic contact layout ( 800 X 600).  I do not see any other way to make a custom layout a default layout in the web version. I'm assuming whatever the current layout is selected on the desktop version will propagate to the web version by default?  

The custom layouts are just not showing up on the website and am wondering if anyone else has run into this problem and what the solution might be? These custom layouts are very important because they contain fields that are needed for our sales staff. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: ACT Prem for Web 2012 - Custom Layouts won't migrate to web

I figured it out... I had had a subdirectory in my layouts director where the desktop version was pullling the template from.  I just had to manually copy that to the default Layouts folder, restart web server and viola, there it was.  My bad for having my original Layouts stored in a sub-folder.  Thanks for your response.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Bronze Super Contributor

Just for giggles:  What happens if you create a new layout from scratch and toss some of your custom fields onto it.

Don't do all of the fancy stuff, just make a new layout based upon one of the default ones that are visible, add a handful of fields and then see if it works in web...

Solution
Accepted by gmartin (Platinum Super Contributor)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

I figured it out... I had had a subdirectory in my layouts director where the desktop version was pullling the template from.  I just had to manually copy that to the default Layouts folder, restart web server and viola, there it was.  My bad for having my original Layouts stored in a sub-folder.  Thanks for your response.

Platinum Super Contributor

Thank you for the update! I'm sure this information will be helpful to others.
Greg Martin
Sage