Do you mean 

ACT Outlook add-in only works when Outlook run as administrator

Accepted Solution Solved
Silver Contributor
Accepted Solution

ACT Outlook add-in only works when Outlook run as administrator

[ Edited ]

ACT 20.1 with updates and Office 2016 installed version. Windows 10 Pro

We can only get Outlook to load the ACT Outlook add-in when outlook is run as administrator which cripples the search features in Outlook so is not an option.

Seen lots written about this and tried everything in the knowledgebases. Not tried reinstalling ACT yet but why on earth would I need to do that as Outlook has not been updated and this was working when ACT 20.0 and not sure when it stopped working.

Going to try reinstalling ACT on Monday but looking for any other suggestions as well in case this does not work. 

Any help appreciated.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author ch1p
4 weeks ago
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: ACT Outlook add-in only works when Outlook run as administrator

I can see that you've been a lead contributor to this community, so if my suggestion is filed under the category of "That Was The First Thing I Tried" please accept my apology.

I saw you mentioned that you were going to reinstall ACT.  If you are uninstalling ACT go ahead an uninstall Office as well.  Then reboot the system twice - why, I don't know but it always seems to help me.

Then reinstall Office first.  Look for any updates and install.  Again do a reboot.

Then reinstall ACT.

Then use preferences in ACT to link to Outlook and in Outlook, link to the ACT address book.  

If you use a sync between Outlook and ACT and would turn that off as it has caused me more problems than I care to list.

Hope this helps.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium V. 20.0.159
HP ENVY 17m, 16GB, & Office 365, 32bit, 1TB HDD.
ACT CRM Advisor

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author ch1p
4 weeks ago
Bronze Super Contributor

I can see that you've been a lead contributor to this community, so if my suggestion is filed under the category of "That Was The First Thing I Tried" please accept my apology.

I saw you mentioned that you were going to reinstall ACT.  If you are uninstalling ACT go ahead an uninstall Office as well.  Then reboot the system twice - why, I don't know but it always seems to help me.

Then reinstall Office first.  Look for any updates and install.  Again do a reboot.

Then reinstall ACT.

Then use preferences in ACT to link to Outlook and in Outlook, link to the ACT address book.  

If you use a sync between Outlook and ACT and would turn that off as it has caused me more problems than I care to list.

Hope this helps.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium V. 20.0.159
HP ENVY 17m, 16GB, & Office 365, 32bit, 1TB HDD.
ACT CRM Advisor
Silver Contributor

Hi John

Thanks for this and yes it does make sense. Problem I have is the company use an external IT company who ran an Office repair and that seems as far as they are willing to cooperate.

Will need to get the company to insist on a office reinstallation and then I can do a fresh ACT install. Thanks again for your input.