Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! Outlook Addin mscoree.dll Disabled

bms

ACT! Outlook Addin mscoree.dll Disabled

This is the message I get in Outlook 2007 Pro under the Trust Center Add-ins Interface tab. My Add-in function tab stopped showing up in Outlook and I am no longer able to attach or add new contacts through ACT Premium 2008. I tried to do a repair with the CD but no luck. Any ideas what happened?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! Outlook Addin mscoree.dll Disabled

In Outlook, try - Help | Office Diagnostics

Have you tried just enabling it in Outlook?

bms

Yeah, the enable feature is greyed out. I will do some more searching when I have some time.

Did you try the Office Diagnostics?

What operating system?
What versions of .Net do you have installed if you look at Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs?

Sorry to rudely leap in on your discussion, but I believe that it is linked to a problem that I am having so I hope to pick up on the train of thought. I have a new PC on to which I have MS Outlook 2007 (12.0) installed and I have installed ACT! 2008. All seemed well with ACT and Outlook (although I am not 100% sure) until I installed the Premium WorkGroup update. After this point Outlook refused to start; the splash screen appeared, but the main window closed almost instantly. As I retried, I sometimes got a message to say that Outlook had a problem with one of the add-ins and that I could if I wished disable it.

After many attempts and with all the add-ins now disabled, Outlook finally worked again. Maybe it was the confidence gained with working with ACT! for the last 5 years, I am not sure. However, something told me that I could enable all the add-ins, APART FROM THE ACT! ADD-IN and everything would be OK. Guess what, I was right; those clever folks at SAGE worked out once more how to kill Outlook.

So, after my tale of woe, I now have Outlook and ACT! working, but only if I do not enable the mscoree.dll ACT! add-in. Is there a way to fix this and have the two tools that I use the most talking nicely together?

TIA

MSCOREE is part of Microsoft's .Net and sadly, it seems to play up on some systems more than others.

When an ACT! update just gets the splash screen and then nothing, I've found the best solution is an uninstall and clean install. You might give this a go:

This is a procedure I wrote to get the most clean install possible:
Uninstall any version of ACT! from Windows Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs
Use the Uninstaller.exe from the ACT! KB 19338 (the exe, not the manual uninstall)
Uninstall .Net Framework (all versions) - this does NOT apply to Vista users as .Net 2.0 is part of the OS and can't be uninstalled
Uninstall any MS SQL items from the Control Panel if still there
Uninstall MSXML 6 Services from Control Panel if it's still there
Perform a Selective restart with MSCONFIG as per ACT! KB 14499
Install .Net 2.0 Framework (only 2.0 for ACT! 9/10) from MS web site (only XP, not Vista)-
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=0856eacb-4362-4b0d-8edd-aab15c5e04f5&displaylang=en
Manually install MS SQL as per ACT! KB 19386
Install ACT! 10.0 full install
Install ACT! 10.02 patch if the previous install was the previous build and Hotfix 1
Restore from Selective Startup Mode with MSCONFIG
Reboot

I have a similar problem. I have found a temporary solution. Each time I start Outlook, I have to load Mscoree.dll under the trust setting. The ACT com Add-in is listed as active.  However, it is listed as inactive when I restart Outlook. Sage Act will not integrate contacts and calendar with Outlook

Copper Contributor

Not sure if this is the same problem but I got something to work. My ACT Outlook Add In was disabled and non of the suggested fixes worked. However, I stumbled on the soluttion. The drop down box at the bottom of the Add Ins box in the Trust Center has an option for "disabled items". Click on that then Go and you should be able to reactivate mscoree.dll. Restart Outlook and the Quick Attach icons are there.

Hope that helps. It drove me crazy for hours.

I have tried all your suggestions and some have help but none have solved the problem. It seems as a final solution,  I will work with SAGE technical service to solve the problem. I will let you know what they found as a solution. The history with SAGE technical service began in November 2012 when I upgraded to ACt 2012 PRO for a windows 7 machine. In my old computer running XP, I had no problem with Outlook 2007 communicating with an earlier version of ACT.

Technical support did a lot of things to my computer to try to make it work.  They failed and shortly thereafter, they released Service Pack 1. I am planning to spend a whole day with technical  service to get Outlook to work with Act. If they cannot solve the problems, then I will seriously listen to the folk at Microsoft who are promoting their business data manger programs as a solution.  

Hello--

I am having this same problem, and it's costing me big in terms of work time/productivity.  Any solution in site? 

Thanks in advance!