Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT! Opportunities

Tuned Listener

ACT! Opportunities

Hello everyone:

I understand that the opportunity table is not customizable.  I find this unfortunate, because it's rather limiting.  I've been looking for information on the opportunity fields 1-8.  What exactly are they and how do they work?

Also, in the details section of the opportunity, it looks like the details apply to the entire opportunity.  Is there a way to put in notes or a better description at the line item level.  In other words, I would like to have the ability for users to select their line item with cost, etc. and then put in a better description for each line item. 

Thanks!
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT! Opportunities

You can change the User fields from Tools | Design Fields

Once the Opportunity is cleared, it will be in the History
Tuned Listener

Thanks for your response, but I still don't understand.  What is the purpose of these fields?  Are they for reporting purposes only?  Can someone give me an example of  their use?

Also, is there a way to get a note or comment for each line item of an opportunity?  Someone must have had a similar need before?

They are for adding additional information that you might want to track for each Opportunity
Tuned Listener

Is there a way to have comments for each line item in the opportunity table?

You mean like the Details tab when creating a new Op?

when looking at the Opportinities tab for a Contact - options | Customise Columns and add the field
Nickel Elite Contributor

The details are for the opportunity and there isn't any way to have individual details for each line item.

Roy Laudenslager
Techbenders

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com

Yes, sorry... I was thinking the Opportunity tab in the Contacts View.

Hi Roy, great to see you here !

How do I add my product item quantity to the  view for the opportunitties tab, when I try and add on custum columns there is no field for quantity

That tab is for the entire opportunity and you can't add fields from specific line items