Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT.Office.Outlook.Addin.vsto not valud Office Add-in

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

ACT.Office.Outlook.Addin.vsto not valud Office Add-in

I cannot manually attach items from Outlook to ACT.

Deleted the ACT.Office.Outlook.Addin.DLL file reinstalled act and now neither the DLL or VSTO files are available in the outlook addin view.

When I try ti either I get the following ,message:

VSTO.JPG

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author pgreening
Monday
Copper Super Contributor

Re: ACT.Office.Outlook.Addin.vsto not valud Office Add-in

[ Edited ]

reinstalling per the previous response has fixed the VSTO issue. thanks

View solution in original post

All Replies
Nickel Super Contributor

Hello, which Act! and Microsoft Office version You have ..?

I suggest that Officer is installed at 32 Bit to avoid integration problems...

Juan Otero
JuanCarlosOtero@icloud.com
Copper Super Contributor

seems like I am already running in 32 bit mode.

See Version details:

Microsoft Outlook 2016 MSO (16.0.10228.20080) 32 bit.

ACT 20.1.120.0. Version 6.

Any other ideas.

Nickel Super Contributor

Additional Note: When a different version of Microsoft Office is installed while Act! is installed, it becomes nesasarry to reinstall Act! so that it can detect and install the Addin in the correct location during the installation procedure.

The suggestions in the following article also seem important... CLICK HERE

Recommended Microsoft office update channel settings when using Act! with office 2016 or Office 365 installed locally. CLICK HERE

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

A good practice could be:

1. Uninstall Act! and restart the computer

2. Uninstall Office and restart the computer

This does not affect the Act! Database. if you have one on the computer - but I suggest making a backup on a USB stick before starting the process (only if you have the database Act! on this computer)

3. Delete the folder Act! of the Files Files folder (X86)

4. Delete the Microsoft Office Folder from the Program Files and Program Files folder (X86)

To install always recommend right click - run as administrator

Before starting the installation again, verify that the UAC (User Account Control) is deactivated and that (Temporarily if you wish) the Firewall and Antivirus is disabled

If the database is on a server, copy the PAD file on your computer's desktop, this PAD file will be used in the configuration of the INTEGRATION of Act! with Outlook

5. Install Office 2016 32Bit, set up your email account in Outlook

6. Install Act! V20 (PRO or Premium - The one that is correct) Right clicking on the SETUP installation file - run as administrator

How to use Microsoft Outlook as your e-mail client in Act! versions 2011 and higher CLICK HERE

Juan Otero
JuanCarlosOtero@icloud.com
Administrator

I wouldn't recommend adding the vsto manually, as you can see Outlook doesn't recognise it when added this way.

Act! should be installing the addin into Office during installation, it does sound like there may be a permissions issue on your PC that is preventing Act! from being able to do this, since the addin isn't present.

Does your Windows User have full permission on that machine? Specifically you'd need to be able to write to protected system folders (like C:/Windows) and install software. Sometimes, where you have a 'group policy' enforced by an IT team or central admin, you'd need to do the installation Act! as one of the admin users.

If you're certain that you have full permission, I'd recommend making sure that your Antivirus/Firewall isn't preventing Act! from writing to these locations by temporarily disabling it, then reinstalling Act!
Solution
Accepted by topic author pgreening
Monday
Copper Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

reinstalling per the previous response has fixed the VSTO issue. thanks