Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Office Addin conflict with office word 2007 Quickprint

ACT Office Addin conflict with office word 2007 Quickprint

I have found a conflict on my computer (Windows 7 Pro-32 bit).  In office word 2007, when I have the ACT Office Addin enabled, the quickprint button doesn't work.  When I uncheck the addin, then it does work again.  Any solutions or workarounds?

Thanks,

Mike.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ACT Office Addin conflict with office word 2007 Quickprint

Hello Mike,
I was able to duplicate this issue on an XP machine with Office 2007 as well. I will do some further testing. A couple of questions:
- What version/build of ACT! are you using? Go to Help/About ACT! for this info
- If you are using ACT! 2011, version 13.1.1, did you get to this version by installing the ACT! 2011 SP1 update, or did you install the full program with SP1 already included?

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Hi Greig.  My version is Sage ACT! Premium 2011 Version 13.1.111.0.  And I believe I installed the update.

I have the ACT Office Addin disabled for now.  What features does that disable?

Thanks,

Mike.

[ Edited ]

As far as I can tell, the only feature disabled will be the ability to record the document in ACT! history, either when printing or from the ACT! options in Word. The workaround would be to save the document, then manually attach it from the contact's record in ACT!.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Same issue here on XP pro w/ Office 2007.

The addin seems to hijack the quick print button to print to the ACT plugin rather the system's default printer.

clicking quick print does nothing.

If you disable the ACT addins for word quick print works fine.

It is a reported issue that applying the ACT! 2011 SP1 update causes the ACT! Office Add-In to disable the Quick Print button in Word 2007/2010. Disabling the add-in from Word Options restores Quick Print, but removes the history recording prompt when printing an ACT!-generated document. This issue is currently under investigation. An update will be provided when more information or a solution is available.

Greig Hollister

Copper Contributor

Any update on this?  Will it get fixed?

I have 2 clients with this issue now...

Hello Carol,
This issue can be resolved by applying the latest cumulative hot fix for ACT! 2011 SP1. Please see this Knowledgebase article for information and download instructions:
http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2744...

Greig Hollister