Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ACT Link for MYOB has me at my wits end

Copper Contributor

ACT Link for MYOB has me at my wits end

I really like the sound of the ACT Link for MYOB however my install of ACT does not want to play ball with a trail version.

I have tried everything I can think of and yet it still either gives me these error messages, or simply ignores that its installed.

http://www.sponsorshipnews.com.au/files/Error1.gif  I get this during the ACT load in.

http://www.sponsorshipnews.com.au/files/Error2.gif I get this one evey time I move to a new contact.

Am using ACT Prem 2008 V10.0.3.182 Hotfix 1 but have also upgraded to ACT 2009 V10 and got the same results.

Using MYOB Accounting Plus V17.0.0

These are all within the requirements for the MYOB Link v5.1a and v5.1 (I have tried both)

I can get it working on another PC in the office but not on my machine (where I need it to be).

Have uninstalled ACT a number of times, including an uninstall that was supposed to wipe ACT completly off my PC (this didn't appear to happen as it still knew I was registered etc or maybe that info resides in my dtabase)

And I also upgraded to 2009 V 10 for a spell but got the same errors.  NB - I need to stay at version 2008 for the moment becuase of the other office PC.

I have also reinstalled .NETFramework

I have also reinstalled the SQL Server stuff (sorry to be vague)

I did all the pre install stuff, set up MYBO Contact ID field and set up a User account in ACT to AFM.

THe AFM server also says it is starting and connecting through to MYOB so the problem must be with my machine.

I would really like to get this piece of software working.

Anyone suggestions on what I could try next.

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: ACT Link for MYOB has me at my wits end

[ Edited ]

Matt,

Seems to be some issues with the plugin to ACT!

There is an alternative product that has more features and will run with ACT! 9.0 through ACT! 2010 with full Opportunities integration.

Refer  Brochure on Xact link for ACT! and MYOB   It is sold through ACT! Consultant's in Australia, which state are you in I can refer you to one. My email address is below. 

Message Edited by gleo on 03-24-2010 07:13 PM

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Copper Contributor

Thanks Graeme,

I have had a quick look at the site and will take a 30 day trial tomorrow on my work PC.  Hopefully I will get it working.  

i am based in Sydney, happy to talk to one of your folk.

Copper Contributor

Update - seems to be an MYOB ODBC Access issue. 

[ Edited ]

Hi Matt,

I haven't seen this issue before, however I would be happy to log into your computer free of charge to help you resolve it. You mentioned that you have it working on another computer, which is good news. The error message suggests an issue with the .NET framework. Do you have v3.5 SP1? Please contact me at your convenience.

Message Edited by ACT-link-for-MYOB on 03-31-2010 07:36 AM
ACT! Link for MYOB Support
actlink@redonionsoftware.com
www.redonionsoftware.com
Platinum Super Contributor

Please do not post personal information in your responses, use Private Messages for this type of information. 

Note: Your signature can contain an email address, but it cannot be part of the response.

Greg Martin
Sage